What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fiesta - Spare wheel ? - Peter3

Hello.

Could anyone please advise?

07 Fiesta Style fitted from new with 15" steel wheels.

What size would the originally supplied spare tire

have been?

Thank you, Pete.

Ford Fiesta - Spare wheel ? - RobJP

Unless someone actually has that exact car in that exact spec, I suspect the information will be almost impossible to find.

Far more important is whether or not the overall rolling dimensions of a spare match what is on the car.

Thank you for your reply.

It is because the spare does not match, that I pose the question.

Thank you.

Ford Fiesta - Spare wheel ? - badbusdriver

It is not uncommon to have a different sized spare, but as Rob says, the important thing is that they have approximately the same diameter (assuming the spare is not a 'space saver'). Looking on a website which lists wheel fitments, the different sizes for a Fiesta of that age are, 175/65 x 14, 185/55 x 15, 195/50 x 15. There are more sizes for bigger wheels but i am assuming your spare is smaller than what is on the car. The sizes i have listed all have the same diameter to within a small degree, so as long as your spare is one of those, there will be no problem using it, but only as a spare wheel, not permanent. I say that because using different size tyres , particularly on the front, will cause erratic handling. This will only be exacerbated if you are a 'press on' driver. So if you are using that tyre, make sure it is only temporary till you get the original fixed or replaced.

Ford Fiesta - Spare wheel ? - RobJP

Thank you for your reply.

It is because the spare does not match, that I pose the question.

Thank you.

Tell us the sizes on the car, and the size of the spare.

After much prevarication from armchair experts and local Ford dealer, have

finally established that the car would have originally had a spare wheel of

175/65-14. In terms of rolling radius, this is acceptable for the vehicle.

Thank you.