What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus 2000cc Titanium X 2012 reg. - Keyless entry - joewright

Recently my keyless entry [when opening by holding the handle], has stopped working [aware of not covering the sensor], opening at a distance with the key works, also entering the emergency key opens all doors even though the key is partly entered into the lock. Grateful for any input thanks.

Edited by joewright on 05/05/2018 at 12:23

Ford Focus 2000cc Titanium X 2012 reg. - Keyless entry - elekie&a/c doctor

Its not possible to guess as to what could be wrong with this.There are lots of sensors located all over the car that detect proximity of the key .The only way forward is a diagnostic check to interrogate the system.

Thanks for the response, This is the reason I tried to give as much info' as possible regarding the key. The sensor is picking up the key and working ok at a distance, As I say when I use the key to operate the lock it is unlocking the door before the key is fully entered in the lock. Presumably, the diagnostic test would have to be at a Ford garage.

MOVING ON FROM MY PROBLEM YESTERDAY, THIS MORNING I WAS ABLE TO OPEN THE CAR WITH THE REMOTE KEY. AFTER THAT EVERYTHING WAS DEAD NO IGNITION, NO RADIO, NO INTERIOR LIGHTING, THIS MADE ME THINK THAT THE MAIN BATTERY WAS FLAT. tHIS AFTERNOON I PUT THE BATTERY ON CHARGE BUT THE BATTERY WAS SO COMPLICATED TO TAKE OFF I LEFT IT ON THE CAR. LEAVING IT ON CHARGE AS LONG AS I CAN. ANY THOUGHTS'