Car Advice diesel Eco - Rog46

Hi Guys

Ive been deciding about a used car, my critera is

- i do about 17k a car, diesel, has to be auto, hatchback, power ideally 100bhp and above, economy 50mpg plus. budget maximum 6/7k. mileage max 70k, 2010 onwards

Any advice will be appreciated

Thanks

Car Advice diesel Eco - SLO76
Diesel autos at this sort of money are thin on the ground and often rely on complex and trouble prone automated manual boxes such as VAG’s DSG. There’s also the worry of DPF problems at the sort of age/mileage you’re talking about too.

Unless you’re able or prepared to up the budget substantially I’d look at petrol autos instead. A Yaris CVT will do 50mpg without effort and should run without fault for years even with your heavy mileage. Just remember though, no matter what you buy it’ll be worthless when you come to sell after 3/4yrs of heavy miles. Buyers of smaller autos tend to be older and almost always want low mileage. Anything above average is hard work.

Toyota Hybrids are well proven as taxis across the globe. Battery packs do degrade over time but they’re by far the best in this regard, certainly at your budget.

Auto Trader:

www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/20171222224...0

Auto Trader:

www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/20171213202...9

Car Advice diesel Eco - Engineer Andy

I believe the car you're looking for is the Unicorn Firebolt 2.0 TDi. The only dealer in the UK can be found in Hogsmead, somewhere in Scotland, and only to select clientele.

Seriously though, heed SLO's sage advice.

Car Advice diesel Eco - S40 Man

Do you have autotrader app? You can configure max milage, year, fuel type, max mileage and mpg.

Options appear to be BMW 1 series, Merc A class with CVT Citreon C4/pug 208/308 ford Mondeo with automatic manual, a few Kia ceed a Renault megae or VW stable with dsg.

Car Advice diesel Eco - gordonbennet

Hyundai or Kia are worth looking at, you can get an i40 for your budget.