What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Kia warranty - barney100

The Kia 7 year warranty is very tempting, has anybody got details of how it works? Do you need dealer serivcing and what is covered for how long? I hear Kias are pretty good these days.

Kia warranty - RobJP

www.kia.com/uk/innovation/7-year-warranty/faqs/

www.kia.com/uk/innovation/7-year-warranty/terms-an.../

Edited by RobJP on 14/01/2018 at 13:43

Kia warranty - argybargy

My son recently had a faulty driver's window mechanism repaired on his 14 plate Kia Ce'ed at his local Kia dealership (he bought the car from an independent).

From what I can gather it was fixed without any quibble and at no cost to himself, but I couldn't tell you whether they require the car to have full Kia service history.

Edited by argybargy on 14/01/2018 at 13:52

Kia warranty - SLO76
It’s a fully comprehensive manufacturer warranty and pretty much the best on the market a real selling point. Although strictly speaking by the letter of the law you shouldn’t need a main dealer service history you must prove that it has been serviced in accordance with manufacturer guidelines which is very difficult to do without that main dealer stamp in the book and resale within that 7yrs is very dependent on the correct service record too so it’s not worth scrimping for the sake of £50-£100 a year. Don’t buy one without it as again it’s next to impossible to claim on without an up to date service record with Kia.
Kia warranty - gordonbennet

One of my irregular colleagues has just bought an ex demo Kia Optima Hybrid for just over half its new price, lovely car indeed, i believe they re-instated the 7 year warranty for him, very good buy.

I shall be watching with interest how it works out.

Kia warranty - FoxyJukebox

Very interesting-How old was the car when bought? why was the vehicle on sale without a warranty? when you say re-instated--did they then offer a new 7 year warranty or just an extension ?

Kia warranty - oldroverboy.

I have a Venga 2 1.4 petrol and helped my elderly neighbours buy a similiar venga a while back.

Mine will be 3 soon, (doesn't time fly?) 1 rear shock absorber "misting" discovered at 2nd service and replaced under warranty.. VW 6 months only on shock absorbers....Hmmmm!

Neighbours bought a nearly 6 yr old venga from a kia dealer with14 months kia warranty left and all services done on time and in mileage by the same kia dealer. Car was actually a bit cheaper than some non franchised ones on sale at the same time..

Neighbours now 6 year old car, 2 weeks ago, dipped beam working intermittently, booked in and faulty relay changed no quibble.

I have just paid to extend my 3 year servicing pack to 5 years as everything is included including pollen filter and brake fluid changes at appropriate intervals AND annual oil and filter changes are a part of Kia servicing.

Edited by oldroverboy. on 14/01/2018 at 14:04

Kia warranty - skidpan

I have just paid to extend my 3 year servicing pack to 5 years as everything is included including pollen filter and brake fluid changes at appropriate intervals AND annual oil and filter changes are a part of Kia servicing.

Think you need to do some more research.

Pollen filters are not included, they are only done if deemed necessary and are charged for.

On the care 3 for low mileage users (up to 11,000 miles a year) the oil and filter are not changed at the first and 3rd services (but it includeds top ups if required.

Its basically a copy of the Mini package but more expensive.

But the 3 year sevice packages on our Nissan and Seat included annual oil,changes and cost less than the kia one.

Plenty of discussion on the Kia forum about how owners are being robbed.

Think you need to do some more research.

Pollen filters are not included, they are only done if deemed necessary and are charged for.

On the care 3 for low mileage users (up to 11,000 miles a year) the oil and filter are not changed at the first and 3rd services (but it includeds top ups if required.

Its basically a copy of the Mini package but more expensive.

But the 3 year sevice packages on our Nissan and Seat included annual oil,changes and cost less than the kia one.

Plenty of discussion on the Kia forum about how owners are being robbed.

I take issue with that. I have my invoices and check the oil before and after. Not all Kia dealers are bad, just like dealers elsewhere. (other makes)

Kia warranty - RT

The Kia 7 year warranty is very tempting, has anybody got details of how it works? Do you need dealer serivcing and what is covered for how long? I hear Kias are pretty good these days.

It works, it's 7 years or 100,000 miles, unlike Hyundai which is 5 years, unlimited mileage - KIA publish a list of wear/tear exclusions, all reasonable, with the time/mileage they are covered for.

You won't get any goodwill repairs if it's not serviced by dealers and you may not find the dealer on your side against KIA UK - but no different to any other brand in that respect.

If you shop around, servicing isn't expensive - well, away from South-East England it isn't.

Kia warranty - CK91437

Unfortunately, people confuse the 5/7 year warranty period as an indicator of car reliabilty.

It doesn't mean the cars are reliable.

Do your own research to determine whether they are reliable.

The 7 year warranty is just that - a 2nd hand used car warranty, with main dealer servicing costs as premiums. The only difference is that the warranty is provided by the manufacturer and not a 3rd party company like warranty direct, etc..

And while your car is being repaired you are not entitled to a courtsey car.

Kia warranty - RT

FAKE NEWS !!!

Courtesy cars are provided when warranty work is needed

Kia warranty - movilogo

Courtesy car is not a right. Usually dealers provide it as goodwill.

In theory you can get your car serviced anywhere but then be prepared that your warranty claim may be rejected.

Long warranty indirectly is an indication of reliability. If people make claims on warranty manufacturers lose money. Outside warranty manufacturers make money on these.

Wonder why German makers don't offer beyond 3 years?

Kia warranty - badbusdriver

Unfortunately, people confuse the 5/7 year warranty period as an indicator of car reliabilty.

The 7 year warranty is just that - a 2nd hand used car warranty, with main dealer servicing costs as premiums. The only difference is that the warranty is provided by the manufacturer and not a 3rd party company like warranty direct, etc..

The presence of a 5/7 year warranty may not directly indicate the car is reliable, but it DOES indicate that the manufacturer believes that to be the case. Regardless of who actually provides the warranty, it is still going to cost hyundai/kia when something goes wrong. So it is not in their interests to provide a longer than normal warranty unless the cars are reliable.

Ssangyong also provide a generous 5 year warranty, but unlike pretty much everybody else, including hyundai/kia, theirs has no mileage limit.

Kia warranty - gordonbennet

Indeed, i would't want a 7 year warranty or a 5 year unlimited mileage one either, what a gimmick...yes that is sarcasm.

When the also rans up their warranty from 3 years and acknowledge and willingly fix well known regular issues then i'll assume they have some faith in their own products, however they have no need to do so because people still buy on image/kudos no matter what.

Kia warranty - FiestaOwner

I've done my own research. I've spoken to relativies, friends and neighbours who have bought Kia's (Picanto's and Rio) and Hyundai's (i10's, i20 and i40) with their own money.

They all recommend them. The only one which has needed warranty work was the i40, but it had done 150,000 miles. It was the EPB, but it was fixed under warranty without any quibble.

Kia warranty - RT

Reliability vs warranty - it's obvious that a car's reliability ony matters outside the warranty - so in years 4-7 the cost is Kia's, not yours - unlike a 3-tear warranty where the years 4-7 will cost you!

Kia warranty - alan1302

It doesn't mean the cars are reliable..

If a manufactuerer gives you a 5/7 year warranty then they belive it will be reliable as otherwise it will cost them money.

My own i10 has been reliable other than a power steering fault which was fixed in year 4 of the 5 year warranty.

I look forward to never seeing your proof about the lack of a courtursey car.

Kia warranty - NARU

I'm very pleased with our Sorento. It's now 18 months old, 20,000 miles.

The supplying dealer was very poor - they fitted a towbar, and neglected to refit the bumper and wheel arch liners properly (broken/missing fastenings). They also neglected to put the parcel shelf back into the car, and sent it out without any screenwash.

I found another dealer locally, who is excellent.

The servicing in Europe is 2 years/20,000 miles. But in the UK, they've gone for 1 year/20,000 miles. As Skidpan notes, this alllows them to sell a money-spinner of a service package to low mileage users - it has a 'fake service' in year 1, then a real service in year 2 followed by a 'fake service' in year 3. By 'fake service' I mean a service which is just insepctions - not even an oil change.

I simply didn't sign up for the service package, and instead pay for a real service each year.

Kia warranty - colinh

Had a Kia cee'd - needed a rear wheel bearing changed after three years (a tight turn out of my garage and kerb bump probably didn't help) - work done without question. Now have a Kia Niro.

Kia warranty - skidpan

If a manufactuerer gives you a 5/7 year warranty then they belive it will be reliable as otherwise it will cost them money.

My own i10 has been reliable other than a power steering fault which was fixed in year 4 of the 5 year warranty.

I look forward to never seeing your proof about the lack of a courtursey car.

Some may remember we had a Ceed. In 5 years the only issue we had was a holes A/C condensor which was (surprisingly) replaced under warranty, I expected a stone being blamed and getting a large bill.

As for courtesy cars Kia are no different to any other manufacturer. If you book early enough you stand a chance, if its short notice, tough. You have no automatic right to a courtesy car, its always "subject to availabilty".

When our Ceed was diagnosed with the A/C condensor failure there was a 2 week wait for the part which was a day before we were due to go on a 2 week road trip with 4 persons, a dog and luggage. In mid summer there was no way I was prpared to do well over a 1000 miles with no A/C and a loaded car. The garage only had Picanto's to offer us should the part be delayed (they booked us one just in case) but suggested I speak to Kia Customer Services about a like for like car. I was a bit stunned when they rang back and confirmed that if the car was not fixed before we departed they had instruced the garage to provide us with a suitable car hiring one if necessary.

I was well impressed and would happily buy another Kia if they sold one that suited our needs and specs (they don't currently).

Kia warranty - RT

Many brands have arrangements centrally for providing like-for-like cars which aren't in a dealer's stock of courtesy cars.

My VW Touareg needed sunroof repairs, only discovered when dismantled but the parts not available in Europe or at the factory, so was out of use for a month - the first 3 weeks I had a Beetle but because a pre-planned trip needed the space of a Touareg, they provided one from Enterprise kept specifically for VW dealer courtesy cars - I found out later they would just have hired a Discovery if that hadn't been available - I did offer to accept a Cayenne but the wouldn't bite!

Kia warranty - galileo

Here's a list of reliability by manufacturer for cars up to 3 years old.

CK 91437 please read, you could learn something of value.

Reliability by brand cars 0-3yrsRankBrandScore1Lexus92.1%

2Mitsubishi90.8%

3Toyota89.6%

4Suzuki86.6%

5AlfaRomeo85.8%

6Honda84.9%

7Hyundai84.8%

8MG83.4%

9Ford82.1%

10Subaru81.8%

11Kia81.3%

12Audi80.4%

13Skoda80.1%

14Mini79.6%

15Porsche78.3%

16Mazda77.9%

17BMW77.6%

18Vauxhall76.4%

19Dacia75.9%

20Renault75.4%

21Seat75.2%

22Volkswagen74.7%

23Mercedes-enz70.4%

24Fiat70.2%

25Volvo62.3%

26Jaguar61.9%

27Peugeot56.7%

28Citroën55.2%

29Nissan52.7%

30Tesla52.4%

31Land Rover50.6%

32Jeep42.1%

Edited by Avant on 16/01/2018 at 14:26

Leave old Calvin klein alone.. Please don't wake him up.

Kia warranty - skidpan

What the feck has happened to the formatting?

Edit:

Gibbo Emailed me to say it was the links all together in the post above. I've put them on to separate lines and it seems to have worked.

Edited by Avant on 16/01/2018 at 14:28

Kia warranty - Nomag

See my other posts re. our 2015 Sorrento

I love my cars, and certainly there are more desirable vehicles out there than some of the Korean options. But when you pay to purchase and maintain a car with your own hard-earned, overall lifetime costs become all the more important, which is why we ended up with a Hyundai and a Kia on the drive.

I had a bit of a winge about my most recent service from local Kia dealership, but they sorted things in the end, and had no issues with the two warranty items my IX35 needed in its first five years (it's out of warranty now by over a year).

They've messed up and completely confused things re the service intervals on the Sorrento though as mentioned above. It's advertised as 20k miles/annual servicing whichever first, but the all in service packages are anything but. I took ours for its first service at 10.5k miles and one year old (it was purchased used at 5 months old/1800 miles) fully expecting an oil change, but they didn't because they don't do an oil change if under 11k miles at one year old.

Kia warranty - skidpan

but the all in service packages are anything but. I took ours for its first service at 10.5k miles and one year old (it was purchased used at 5 months old/1800 miles) fully expecting an oil change, but they didn't because they don't do an oil change if under 11k miles at one year old.

Exactly what I put in an ealier post. Yo do not get an oil/filter change if under 11,000 miles a year.

Kia warranty - CK91437

They were good back in 2000'ish, but then took their eye of the ball.

Now their reliabilty is on par with British Leyland/ Renault.

From a very long list of things, and some on cars less that 6 months old:-

Batteries going flat or not charging (on nearly new cars)

Oil leaks on diffs.

exploding diffs

Brake issues

sunroofs exploding

Sudden power loss on 1.7 diesels - very dangerous when in fast lane of motorway

Fuel tank linings peeling away

etc

Kia warranty - alan1302

I look foward to seeing proof of this...I doubt you have any though.

I also look forward to letting me know what cars you would recommend...have asked a few times now but no reply from you.

Kia warranty - Bianconeri

From a very long list of things, and some on cars less that 6 months old:-

Batteries going flat or not charging (on nearly new cars)

Oil leaks on diffs.

exploding diffs

Brake issues

sunroofs exploding

Sudden power loss on 1.7 diesels - very dangerous when in fast lane of motorway

Fuel tank linings peeling away

etc

Here we go again. Why do you have a hatred of Hyundai / Kia and why do you seem to regard anything German as expensive and rubbish? Be specific, what reasons do YOU have? This is tedious in the extreme.
Kia warranty - galileo

Any normal, mentally stable individual would answer the reasonable questions posters have put to him.

The fact that he doesn't and ignores established facts which refute his statements tells us all we need to know.

Any normal, mentally stable individual would answer the reasonable questions posters have put to him.

The fact that he doesn't and ignores established facts which refute his statements tells us all we need to know.

Quite.

I rate my KIA above the Audi, BMW and Volvo stuff I had as company cars before I retired. They weren’t rubbish but they were basically consumer white goods and the dealer experience was poor based on utter contempt for the customer. The A6 could have been very good but Audi spent the money on bells and whistles while skimping on engineering.

But that does not mean that Audi, BMW or Volvo are rubbish.... it would be just as daft to say green cars are rubbish because my old V70 was pretty unreliable.

My KIA sems to be very well screwed together. I had cause to use the warranty for a minor issue this week and the car was fixed (and valeted) as promised. I got a loan car, no not a nice as mine but quite acceptable, and without any quibble by the first rate dealer.

My Boxster is plain brilliant and not the expensive unreliable rubbish reported by our correspondant. That said I’ve only owned one and can’t really use that to judge the marque can I?
Kia warranty - markNEScotland

Just got our 12 plate Sorento back last week from Aberdeen Kia dealers. Faulty water in fuel sensor replaced under warranty, no problem. (posted on tech page)

Courtesy car booked well in advance, £8 per day for insurance, no problem. 67 plate Picanto- excellent small car, would certainly consider one if in the market for small hatch.

This dealer used to have a bad reputation for service, but now its as if they've had a culture transplant, as every member of staff is brilliant; reminder phone calls, service info etc. all superb.

I think HJ recommends sticking with the Kia dealer for service whilst still under warranty, which is what we are doing, and ensures no arguments.

Would I but anther Kia; absolutely. 3,500 miles last summer towing twin axle caravan to south of France, no issues whatsover, and still best part of 2 years warranty left.

Kia warranty - RT

I'd have played my face at having to pay insurance on a courtesy car for warranty work - IMO that should be FOC - different for chargeable work like servicing and out of warranty repairs.

Kia warranty - CK91437

I'd have played my face at having to pay insurance on a courtesy car for warranty work - IMO that should be FOC - different for chargeable work like servicing and out of warranty repairs.

Under the warranty, as mentioned before you are not entitled to a coutesey car of any sort whilst work is done on your car.

If you are lucky enough to get a car, it's because of the good will of the Kia dealer.

Not a warranty entitlement.

Kia warranty - RT

Under the warranty, as mentioned before you are not entitled to a coutesey car of any sort whilst work is done on your car.

If you are lucky enough to get a car, it's because of the good will of the Kia dealer.

Well - every brand of car I've ever owned from new has provided a courtesy car with free insurance during warranty work - including Hyundai.

I'm sure there are skin-flint dealers out there but the ones I've used weren't, not in this respect anyway as most of their workshops were carp!

Kia warranty - Gibbo_Wirral

Kia Preston do courtesy cars with no insurance required.

Here we go again.

I’ve only had one dealer quibble about a courtesy car in the 35 years I’ve been driving “in warranty” cars. I doubt many warranties actually say ‘you get a courtesy car’ (can’t think I’ve ever bothered to look) but most dealers and manufacturers want to keep your custom, and most customers will just make a reasonable request for a car. Of course if you just thump the table and demand.....

You’ll just have to try harder in your quest to rubbish KIA and Hyundai for any spurious reason.
Kia warranty - CK91437

From the Kia website

" Kia are not liable for any costs you may incur getting to a dealer, supplying a replacement car or as a result of being without the car during warranty repairs."

Your not entitled to a replacement car.

Read the exclusions, & don't listen to people who don't know what they are talking about.

From the Kia website

" Kia are not liable for any costs you may incur getting to a dealer, supplying a replacement car or as a result of being without the car during warranty repairs."

Read the exclusions, & don't listen to people who don't know what they are talking about.

As I said, I doubt many warranties ENTITLE you to a courtesy car but most dealers and nanufacturers make one available without quibble. If you keep banging on about RIGHTS and ENTITLEMENTS all you do is get everyone’s back up and, guess what, all goodwill and good sense exit stage left. Of course, my KIA (straw poll of one) has been utterly reliable and has needed one, cery minor, warranty fix. This was done at my convenience and ‘would you like a courtesy car sir?’ Why not do something useful and look at EVERY warranty then come back and tell us which ones are just like KIA’s? You might also like to tell us just why you hate KIA and Hyundai so much........
Kia warranty - alan1302

From the Kia website

Hello again - have you compiled the list of makers you would recommned yet?

'don't listen to people who don't know what they are talking about' so basically you advise people not to listen yourself? :-)

From the Kia website

Hello again - have you compiled the list of makers you would recommned yet?

'don't listen to people who don't know what they are talking about' so basically you advise people not to listen yourself? :-)

He probably liked SAAB when then were made in Trollhattan. Time to lock this clown out of the site methinks.
Kia warranty - skidpan

From the Kia website

I put this in an earlier post in this topic but since some people obviously do not read posts other than their own I will take the time to post it again.

"As for courtesy cars Kia are no different to any other manufacturer. If you book early enough you stand a chance, if its short notice, tough. You have no automatic right to a courtesy car, its always "subject to availabilty".

When our Ceed was diagnosed with an A/C condensor failure there was a 2 week wait for the part which was a day before we were due to go on a 2 week road trip with 4 persons, a dog and luggage. In mid summer there was no way I was prepared to do well over a 1000 miles with no A/C and a loaded car. The garage only had Picanto's to offer us should the part be delayed (they booked us one just in case) but suggested I speak to Kia Customer Services about a like for like car. I was a bit stunned when they rang back and confirmed that if the car was not fixed before we departed they had instruced the garage to provide us with a suitable car hiring one if necessary.

I was well impressed and would happily buy another Kia if they sold one that suited our needs and specs (they don't currently)"

From the Kia website

I put this in an earlier post in this topic but since some people obviously do not read posts other than their own I will take the time to post it again.

"As for courtesy cars Kia are no different to any other manufacturer. If you book early enough you stand a chance, if its short notice, tough. You have no automatic right to a courtesy car, its always "subject to availabilty".

When our Ceed was diagnosed with an A/C condensor failure there was a 2 week wait for the part which was a day before we were due to go on a 2 week road trip with 4 persons, a dog and luggage. In mid summer there was no way I was prepared to do well over a 1000 miles with no A/C and a loaded car. The garage only had Picanto's to offer us should the part be delayed (they booked us one just in case) but suggested I speak to Kia Customer Services about a like for like car. I was a bit stunned when they rang back and confirmed that if the car was not fixed before we departed they had instruced the garage to provide us with a suitable car hiring one if necessary.

I was well impressed and would happily buy another Kia if they sold one that suited our needs and specs (they don't currently)"

Pretty much my experience too. When tthe Niro was serviced, and it’s a proper oil change service each year on hybrids, the dealer made sure that an automatic was available for me to use. That’s good service but a box-fresh Sportage was a but beyond the call.

The (trivial) warranty repair was a bit of a let down on the courtesy car front as I had to ‘make do’ with a top of the range Stonic with a manual box - sorry sir, our Sportage auto was sold yesterday, are you OK with this one? If not then I suspect another auto would have been found, but what would be the point of being a PITA?

If I’d known then what I know now I’d have adopted KIA as preferred supplier for my (own) company a decade ago. That’s quite a statement for someone who was notoriously risk-averse with the company’s money.

A propos of very little my sister had a newish Rio that was written off recently by a numpty driving a BMW who was paying more attention to her phone than the road ahead. Sis told me that the only conversation about the replacement was what colour KIA to have this time.

But you and I clearly know nothing and should not be listened to, whereas CK the Troll has specialist insight that we are somehow missing.
Kia warranty - skidpan

We went to look at the current Ceed the other day the idea being to replace the Note in about June this year. With a new Ceed iminent there should be cracking deals on the current one. But Kia appear to have totally cocked up the specs, the 1.6 petrol is only available in "2" grade which misses out on quite a bit of kit we really want and the 1.0 GDI-T is stupidly expensive and still misses some bits.

Salesman suggested we look at a new Rio and despite my misgivings it was pretty decent space wise and in 1.0 GDI-T "3" grade was cheaper than a Ceed "2" and way cheper than the 1.0 Ceed. The salesman pointed out it even had leather trim as standard.

Well we thought it had leather trim but the brochure and web say otherwise, its FAUX leather or PLASTIC as we used to call it. Last car I had with plastic seats was a 1972 Viva and there is no way I want another so no Kia for us by the looks of it.

Kia warranty - Avant

I suspect a SEAT Arona may be on your shortlist to replace the Note, Skidpan.

Kia warranty - skidpan

Not looked at it yet (no closeby dealers) but having looked on the web and in magazines I suspect that the boot floor and loading lip will be way too high for the Mrs to comfortably load her mothers wheelchair. I struggle in the Superb, it would be impossible for the Mrs so we have to buy carefully.

What we need is another small MPV like the Note but the sector has all but disappeared having been replaced by the small SUV. Whilst at the Kia dealer we checked out the Venga again but since it was no good in 2015 we expected it to be a fail, it did. We looked at the new Citroen C3 Aircross, great spec and available with the 130 PS petrol, broker prices coming down all the time. Mrs got wheelchair in and out OK but the seats are so high she was having pain from her problem hip so had to strike it off the list.

The Superb is in for its 1st service on Wednesday and I have arranged the loan of a Fabia Estate with the 1.0 TSi engine. It apears to tick all the boxes but looks just plain dull. Since the Mrs calls the Note an "Old f***s Car" I hate to think what she will call the Fabia. But if it works it could well be the car to buy.

Despite my dislike for the original Jazz (my dads car - he disliked it as well) we went to look at the current one the other day having seen that a new 1.5 is being fitted. It worked perfectly but its not cheap and it does not have a turbo. With peak torque at 4600 rpm not sure what the driving experience will be like (hated the sluggish 1.8 Civic pool car which had more power) having become accustomed turbo engines. But its still an "Old f***s Car".

Whilst at Honda the Mrs tried an HRV and surprisingly that appears to work for us as well. Same engine in a bigger/heavier car may be even worse but we need to get a drive to find out. At least this one looks different, If it had a small turbo engine it would be at/near the top of my list.

Kia warranty - Westernman
Skid pan - did you look at the Niro. Seems to fit what you want. It’s about 3cm higher than a Ceed and has a relatively low load lip.
Kia warranty - skidpan
Skid pan - did you look at the Niro. Seems to fit what you want. It’s about 3cm higher than a Ceed and has a relatively low load lip.

In a word no. Simple reasons.

1) Best broker price I could find for a "2" grade (inc metallic) was just over £21,600 and it still lacks kit. There is no way I am paying more than I paid for a 2nd car than I did for the Superb (£18500 - £19200 inc metallic and a couple of bits) which is way bigger, way more powerful and way better equipped.

2) Its auto only and a DCT at that. Hate autos and DCT's are hardly reknowned for their reliability in several other brands (OK 7 year warranty should sort repairs to a point).

3) Hybrids do not appear to have great residuals. Kia don't have the best residuals. Combine the two and in 3 years it could be a pretty low value trade in.

4) If I was prepared to spend more than we did for the Superb I would probably look at a BMW 218i Active Tourer. Not as economical but at least it would be worth something in 3 years.

Well we thought it had leather trim but the brochure and web say otherwise, its FAUX leather or PLASTIC as we used to call it. Last car I had with plastic seats was a 1972 Viva and there is no way I want another so no Kia for us by the looks of it.

I was as surprised as you but, to be fair, modern synthetics are a world away from the vinyls we had in the seventies. If memory serves MB also have a ‘synthetic leather’ option.

I prefer cloth seats to leather (or synthetic) but the Niro has heated leather and I’ve got to quite like them. It may be worth you having a look at the Niro, it’s a bit bigger than the C’eed but very nice to drive and exceptionally well screwed together. I get 60 mpg without trying too hard and that’s the usual mixture of town, country and the odd motorway blast.

I did have 50 miles in the PHEV variant the other day. The larger electric motor makes it quite lively and the 16 inch wheels are better for ride comfort than the bling 18 inch ones mine came with. It didn’t seem any more economical in Hybrid mode than mine though.
Kia warranty - skidpan

Looking at a mag in Tesco today, had a test of the Arona. Conclusion was basically "why bother, buy a Leon". Not a great recommendation but I don't believe all I read in mags. May have to look later but having already seen the Skoda Carrot (same car, different badge) the boot lip is way too high.

Kia warranty - skidpan

I was as surprised as you but, to be fair, modern synthetics are a world away from the vinyls we had in the seventies. If memory serves MB also have a ‘synthetic leather’ option.

Plastic is plastic whatever spin the mnufacturer puts on it. It makes you sweat in summer and freezes you in winter. Back in the 70's cloth (or nylon as it was then) was an upgrade from plastic and was a definite improvement. Probably cost no more to fit in truth but it was way better in summer and winter.

MB call their plastic seats "Artico Leather", closest they have been to a cow is when they drove past a herd in a field. They look nice (just like the Kia ones did) but do a web search and you will find loads of complaints about the seats cracking within a short peiod of buying a new car. Never seen a comment about how nice they are to sit on during a hot summer or a cold winter.

Kia warranty - Avant

Surprising, isn't it, with the apparent wealth of cars to choose from, when you dial in just a few quite reasonable requirements such as a low loading lip at the back or ease of entry and exit at the front, the list shrinks down to a handful.

For me it was down to a Q2 or a 2-series Active Tourer; for SWMBO the A1 was the only one that ticked all the boxes, although there were a few that ticked most of them.

While you're looking at the Fabia, Skidpan, you could measure the Rapid or Rapid Spaceback; or one of the Suzukis might be worth a look.

Kia warranty - skidpan

While you're looking at the Fabia, Skidpan, you could measure the Rapid or Rapid Spaceback; or one of the Suzukis might be worth a look.

The Rapid is virtually the same spec wise as the Fabia estate but more expensive to start with and discounts are smaller. Since its based on an old platform I cannot see why anyone buys one since the Fabia estate has more luggage space. Most private buyers appear to agree, you see very few on the road. The only ones you see near us (including the Seat Toledo) are used as Taxis. That is beyond belief really when they are way too narrow to carry 3 in the rear comfortably.

Looked at the Vitara yesterday. Seats appear too high as does the loading lip. Plastics are a bit naff as well and its only 5 speed. Since the HRV is a very similar price (after discounts) with a 6 speed box at this stage its a non starter.

Kia warranty - Jonathan Dewart

I have a 2016 diesel Rio.

It was suffering an overheating problem which eventually lead to the head gasket going. The engine was replaced under warranty, but within a day the overheating issue was back.

The car is now back with the dealer, who have provided me with a courtesy car for the duration of the issue (so really can't criticise them for that!). This was only yesterday so I haven't had any feedback on the issue(s) as yet.

Question is now, what happens if the car is deemed too expensive to repair? The repairs to date are pretty much equal to the car's value.

Do I get a replacement vehicle, a cash payout to the book value of the vehicle or do they just keep putting new engines in until the warranty expires.