What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda CR-V 2008 2.2 CDTi - Rear fog light not working - Ian D
Hi there, I have a strange problem, the single rear fog light is not working, the fuse is good, the bulb is good but no power getting to the bulb holder. The amber dashboard light comes on ok. Strangely I have a towbar fitted ( it was fitted from new, I have had the car 2 years) and there is 12v getting to the trailer electrics rear fog light connection. Any ideas?!
Honda CR-V 2008 2.2 CDTi - Rear fog light not working - elekie&a/c doctor

Could be a fault with the trailer socket.Some of these have an inhibit switch/contact so that when the trailer is connected,the rear fog light circuit to the car is disconnected.

Honda CR-V 2008 2.2 CDTi - Rear fog light not working - Ian D
Thanks Elekie, I thought it would be towbar related and it was even simpler than that, I left in a 13 pin to 7 pin adaptor and of course that operated the microswitch in the towbar socket and cut off the fog lamp. I was just on the brink of running a cable from the towbar electrics to the rear fog. Adaptor now removed for the MOT this week and problem sorted, will know next time, thanks again...