What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
2011.6 powershift4 Ford Bmax - Ford Bmax transmission judder - Hugh Coppin

2014 Ford Bmax Titanium 1.6 powershift.

i am presently wondering if i might have made a bad mistake. My wife and i, retired, had been looking for a small car , easy to get in and out of, and we saw a Ford Bmax powershift, took it for a short drive, seemed fine, purchased it from the dealer who could'nt have been more helpful. Purchased 10th Dec last, he included 3year service in the deal. I wondered why he serviced the car before delivery, i said why not wait till the first MOT is due in March 2017, but they serviced it anyway, the car had done 12,000 miles.I picked it up on 16th Dec, everything seemed fine. Over the next two weeks , the car had a few shudders, transmission i thought, but my main concern was the heated windscreen that only cleared one side. The car is booked into the dealers this Thursday.

Since it was booked in however, i have noticed the tremors from the transmission have got pretty bad on a couple of occasions. I decided to go on the internet to see if other owners had had any similar problems. Got into your excellent website and it has filled me with woes. Seems i'm not the only soul with this problem. Why have'nt they all been recalled by Ford?

The warrenty runs out in march, presumably that includes the powerdrive clutch. The service book has been completed per the 3rd year service. I will ask the dealer if that service included replacement of the clutch fluid. As i understand it this is usually a customer charge of £250 on top of the service. From information on your site, am i correct in assuming that if this has been done, Ford will extend the warranty on the clutch unit for a further 24months ?

I have been unable so far to find a service schedule for Bmax 36month service. Can anyone tell me if changing the transmission fluid is written into the service schedule as a must do item ?

Any and all input would be very gratefully received. If i knew on the 10th Dec last, what i know now, i would never have considered purchase. In most other respects it is a fine vehicle but i am very unhappy that it is me who now has to do the complaining. thankyou

2011.6 powershift4 Ford Bmax - Ford Bmax transmission judder - Hadrian

I wonder how your problem was resolved ?

I get a slight judder when accelerating at low speeds.

My BMax is a 2014 model bought in November 2017, with (now) 6,500 miles on the clock.

I have talked to my Ford dealer about this, as the salesman told me the clutch problem was covered for 5 years, but the service dept, told me it was only covered for three years.

I was also told on buying, that the clutch had already been updated. So if the problem occurs again, it seems the onus is on me to go direct to Fords.

I only use this as a second car, for shopping and running around locally. That may be part of the problem, as one of the recommended cures is flooring the accelerator two or three time from a standing start up to 70mph (on a quiet road of course)..