What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Vauxhall Corsa C - Clicking noise when releasing clutch - Josh Brice
Hi all,

About a month ago I noticed that the car's transmission was less smooth along with a groaning/clicking noise when bringing the clutch back up after changing gear. It seems to be coming from the back end of the car, although I'm not 100% sure on this. It was noticeably between 1st and 2nd, although it has been occasionally between 2nd and 3rd. It's very apparent when coming out of a junction, where quick gear changes are needed to gain speed. In addition to this, I've noticed that when the car is stationary and in neutral with the engine running, the clutch makes a much more noticeable noise. When depressing and then releasing the clutch there is another clicking/clanging sort of noise coming from the front of the car. I am able to change the intensity of the noise with how fast I bring the clutch up. So in other words, if I basically just let the clutch come back up on its own, it's a very loud clicking/clatter noise where as if I gently bring it up, the noise is barely noticeable.

The car lurches forward and is in general very juddery after changing gear and just isn't as smooth as it has been before. It's a 2004 Vauxhall Corsa 1.2.

I've been looking at topping up potentially low gear oil/transmission fluid etc. and from what I understand this car has a cable operated clutch instead of a hydraulic one so some these things may not be applicable.

The garage seems to be the obvious place to go but does anyone have an idea as to what these noises could be? Many thanks.
Vauxhall Corsa C - Clicking noise when releasing clutch - elekie&a/c doctor
Sounds like the clutch is on the way out.It is a hydraulic system on these with internal slave cylinder.Check brake master cylinder reservoir for any fluid loss.It is a fluid share system.
Thanks for the reply. do you know where the reservoir is for it? I'll take a look at the level.
Vauxhall Corsa C - Clicking noise when releasing clutch - elekie&a/c doctor

open bonnet ,at rear of engine bay,by drivers wiper,there is a black plastic cover to unclip.Fluid reservoir under this.

Full right to the max line. I'm unsure as to how old the fluid is- it's not too dark or dirty.