What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda CRV - 2 0 Auto - 3 prices for a service from the same dealer - Falkirk Bairn

The car is coming up for 4 years & for the last 2 years I have used the same dealer. £150 & £173..................

On the ball their call centre gave me a call 4/5 weeks ago telling me a service was due @ end of July & it would be £250 - I said it was too far ahead - I could have sold it by then or even popped my clogs.

Thursday's call was the same person pointed out that there was 2 weeks left in July to get a service. £250 as it needed a brakefluid change - that was done last year & included in the £173. She said she would ask & call me back.

Friday, phone rings, £185, then £175 if you make the appointment in July!!

I have decided to call the Service Dept next week - so I will probably get a 4th price. The Honda RRP is £245.

Honda CRV - 2 0 Auto - 3 prices for a service from the same dealer - andyp

It sounds like their service dept is a bit quiet at the moment !

Honda CRV - 2 0 Auto - 3 prices for a service from the same dealer - Falkirk Bairn

>>It sounds like their service dept is a bit quiet at the moment !

It's the Fair Fortnight (last 2 weeks in July) & Much of the Glasgow area sets off on holidays so people going by car might bring forward the service whilst others put it off until August - I will see if I can get the price down a notch.

Same Dealer & the price is £155........the service manager was not pleased at the 3 prices thrown about by the Call Centre £250, £185, £175.

Quite happy to get a Honda stamp in the book and they have been OK on the last 3 occasions.

Car insurance came in today - £232 which was £58 up on last year. Tried the comparison sites & £175 was the lowest.

Challenged the renewal cost - the existing Insurer got down to £180 & I took it - £5.00 was little to pay for the lack of hassle. They are taking the full Premium £232 and the rebate will come on the renewal date. Job Done!