What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Mercedes B class (245) 2006 1.5 Petrol - Could not connect to ECU, link failure - akash5726

Dear Members,

I am a new member in this forum. Usually I get lots of useful information from this forum. But this time I have a problem which I don't think discussed in here before.

I have 2 Mercedes. 1 A class 1.4 and a B class 1.5 2006 (recently bought). The problem is with the B class.

When bought the car there was SRS warning, brake light warning and display error warning. I have a maxidiag 802 which can read almost all the cars up to 2015. The A class previously had SRS warning which I did reset using the same machine.

But this time I could not communicate with the ECU of the car and machine kepp saying link error. I have checked the voltage on the OBD II port and that was showing 14V which I think is ok. I have another basic OBD II scanner which also throwing same error message. Could not link to ECU, Check connection.

Does any one have idea what it could be?

Any help will be beneficial. :)

Thanks

Mercedes B class (245) 2006 1.5 Petrol - Could not connect to ECU, link failure - elekie&a/c doctor

Perhaps you need a better quality scanner?This should do the job;www.obd2express.co.uk/wholesale/wireless-mb-star-c...l

Mercedes B class (245) 2006 1.5 Petrol - Could not connect to ECU, link failure - Railroad.
Either your scantool does not support the required protocol to communicate with the SRS controller, or you have a broken communication wire between the controller and the diagnostic port. Failing that you could have a supply or earth fault to the controller.