W reg ford focus zetec - MOT failure - 2nd opinion on parts required please - amyamandaallen

Hi,

As said the focus failed its MOT yesterday and I have a man ( trustworthy ) who will do a bit of welding and fit the failed parts in 2 days time.

Its cheaper if I supply the parts rather than he go buy them of the shelf I suspect but I want to check Im getting the right bits to give him.

*Suspension arm rubber bush deteriorated resulting in excessive movement N/S/F

*Antiroll bar linkage has excessive play in a ball joint NS front

Im wondering if anyone would be kind enough to check Im getting the right parts at eurocarparts.com 615590380 and 632590040 ( sorry for advertising )

Many thanks if you can

SC

W reg ford focus zetec - MOT failure - 2nd opinion on parts required please - Railroad.
Just give ECP your car's registration number. From that they should have all the vehicle details and find the correct parts.
W reg ford focus zetec - MOT failure - 2nd opinion on parts required please - amyamandaallen

I have the reg and those should be the parts

But Im not a mechanic and want to see if what I think I want ( and relates to whats on the failure note ) is the same parts.

Edited by amyamandaallen on 08/04/2016 at 20:58

W reg ford focus zetec - MOT failure - 2nd opinion on parts required please - elekie&a/c doctor
The first part is the lower suspension arm,which would include the failed bush.The second part is the arb link.To confirm that the failure refers to these parts,I would suggest taking to the mot station to let them identify the faulty parts.Some mot testers often highlight the problem areas with yellow chalk.
W reg ford focus zetec - MOT failure - 2nd opinion on parts required please - gordonbennet

A trusted regular chap who does welding and the like isn't likely to turn you over, if he identifies the failing parts, removes them then takes them down to his local factor, the right parts are going to be obtained first time because they can be paired up at the counter.