new car needed....suggestions needed - thenanny

I currently drive a Renault Clio three door 2011reg. Whilst I really like my Clio its not practical for me with my job. Here is my situation;

I am a part time nanny and look after kids of various ages and car seat needs. Currently the max number of kids I nanny is three kids under three which includes twins. They are all in extended rear facing car seats so fairly large rear space needed. currently the two smallest are in the back of my Clio (joie ianchor seats) and older kid in front (be safe izi combo) with airbag off. ideally I would put all three in the rear but am ok with having one in the front with airbag off. I have a twin pram with just fits in my clio so a bigger boot that we can pop toddlers scooter etc in too would be great.

I however do no want 'mum-car'. I want something that when the ca***ats aren't in it doesn scream "family car". I like the ford Kuga and Peugeot 2008 but not sure of child seat friendliness?

It needs to be above all a safe and reliable car.

Ideas and suggestions very welcome!!

Thank you x

Just to add, I live in the middle of the countryside, literally a cottage up a farm track, but regularly do trips to relatives and friends going on the motorway and main roads for up to three or four hours.

X

new car needed....suggestions needed - RobJP

First off, what sort of price brakcet ?

My initial thoughts are the Scoda Octavia Scout. Estate, so good for boot space, and a flat load floor, so no lifting stuff over a bootlip. Has 4 WD, so some off-road ability (though it's obviously no mud-plugger). Slightly jacked up suspension too, which means putting kids in / out of seats is less stressful on the spine.

new car needed....suggestions needed - Avant

Indeed, we need to know your budget. Sorry about the swear filter - you need to type car seats as two words!

An Octavia Scout would do the job, but it you wanted something a bit shorter (the Octavia is 4.7 metres long), some sort of MPV would be worth looking at. If you like your Clio and can afford to buy new or nearly-new, look at the Renault Captur; or there's the Ford C-Max which is smaller than the Kuga. Peugeot 2008 or (larger) 3008 also worth considering, although the driving position doesn't suit everyone and you have to fiddle with a touchscreen to do even a simple thing like changing the temperature inside the car.

If yoiu want to get all 3 child seats in the back, I think a Citroen C4 Picasso can do this, as can a Ford S-Max, but they're both big cars: I realise you don't want a family bus when you're driving on your own.

If 4-wheel drive would be useful, look also at the Suzuki Vitara.

Edited by Avant on 19/02/2016 at 23:39

Thank you for your speedy replies!

Price wise (with trading in Clio) about £6000. But would consider finance deal for an amazing deal.