What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Spotted for sale - Trilogy

Must have been a awful to type. I gave up reading it part way through, too painful.

This Car Is An Absolute Beauty To Drive And Is Extremely Comfortable. Most Of My Family Have/Or Owned Ford Focus' And This Is Definitely The Nicest. It Has The Top Of The Range Sony CD Player Of Its Generation, Electric Windows In The Front And In The Back, Also Which Is An Added Bonus Is The Cruise Control, Which Is Economical, Fuel Efficient And Keeps You Track Of Your Speed. The Boot Capacity Is Generous, Which Was A Selling Point For Us. It Really Does Make A Super Family Car. The Cambelt Was Replaced At Our Local Ford Dealership, They Also Near Enough Replaced The Whole Of The Suspension, Brake Pads Front And Back Have Been Replaced, As Well As Doing The Latest Service. The Car Is Due Another Service Anytime, I Have Filters Which Will Be Included In The Sale. The Tyres Are Goodyear's - With A lot Of Tread Still On Them. There's A Small Dent On The Drivers Wing (Which Can Be Seen In Pictures), The Wing Mirror Cover Has Been Replaced To A Grey Prime Coloured One (Which Can Also Be Seen In The Pictures). M.O.T Isn't Due Until October 2016. We Have Had This Car For Nearly Four Years, And I Can Honestly Say It's Been A Real Treat To Own. This Car Will Leave With Its Two Original Keys, Log Book And Filters

Spotted for sale - dimdip

Well at least it's not all in capitals!

Spotted for sale - 72 dudes

Over the top wording in car ads like this make me smile.

If it's this good, why are you selling the b***** thing then?

And would I trust someone with such a poor grasp of grammar - call me old-fashioned, but NO.

Spotted for sale - Galaxy

At least it's not a K.i.t.c.h.e.n !

Spotted for sale - Eddy56

I find particularly amusing the ebay adds by small scale classic car dealers. I'm always amused by the little narratives they build about the previous owners and the history file. You often see these write ups for lower priced classics, like a Ford Granada or something similar. I think the dealer thinks the narrative adds another £4k on top of what they paid for it.

"The comprehensive history file shows that the car was sold new by Hollis Motors of Brighton in 1982 to a local elderly gentleman, Mr Smith who enjoyed 5 years of motoring before selling the car to a Mr Jones in nearby Saltdean. The receipts file indicates Mr Jones serviced the car meticulously during his ownership, as reflected in the exemplarly condition of the vehicle today. The car was later sold again to a Mr Ericsson who added just a few thoudand miles over the 10 years to date before sadly passing away, after which the car remained off-road parked in a heated garage. We have conducted a comprehensive service and recommissioning and this unique opportunitiy is now presented for sale"

Spotted for sale - nailit

I like the "worth a look" phrase that still appears in adverts (obviously traders adverts, sometimes even disguised as actual private sellers lol ).