What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
If you had - jamie2012

If you had £2500 to spend on a used automatic car which must be 1.3 or under to keep insurance price low and what would you get ??

i had a ford fiesta for £500 than has been nothing but trouble so i would like a reliable car to get me and from work

If you had - Ed V

A Subaru Justy, or Honda Civic.

If you had - jamie2012

A Subaru Justy, or Honda Civic.

honda civiv is not that cheap to insurance due to being known as a sporty car,

and have you had a subaru justy its just the h*********************/car-reviews/used/subaru/justy-hatchback/summary/23790-5/ rating is not very good

If you had - P1800

A 2003-2008 Suzuki Alto? I think its a 1.3 Automatic. Quite reliable, cheap to insure, should have some pennies left over after purchase as well.

If you had - jamie2012

A 2003-2008 Suzuki Alto? I think its a 1.3 Automatic. Quite reliable, cheap to insure, should have some pennies left over after purchase as well.

yes they seem like good cars only im not the smallest of people and im pretty tall even the ford fiesta was not that great for me getting in and out of

If you had - madf

Early Honda jazz CVT.

If you had - P1800

Ah, in that case you might want to have a look at a Mazda 2, something like this perhaps..

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201302015160701/sort/default/usedcars/transmission/automatic/model/mazda2/make/mazda/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/postcode/ws98xl/page/1/radius/1500?logcode=p I know the engine is a 1.4 but can't imagine it would be THAT expensive for insurance.

If you had - countryroads

Also the drivers seat in a 2002 onwards Polo goes back a very long way. Again the automatic is 1.4 only but they are cheap to insure.

If you had - John Boy

Jamie2012 said of the 2003-2008 Suzuki Alto - yes they seem like good cars only im not the smallest of people and im pretty tall even the ford fiesta was not that great for me getting in and out of

Someone, here, who is 5' 11'' doesn't seem to find it a problem:

www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/suzuki/alto-2003/?se...d

Edited by John Boy on 05/02/2013 at 12:05

If you had - Auristocrat

We had a manual Mazda 2 for 4.5 years - excellent, practical car. Brother in law also had one - he is 6ft 4 and still has his. Built by Ford - and the sister car to the Fiesta and Fusion.

However the automatic is not a true auto - having one of the automated clutch arrangements. Can be expensive when they go wrong.

If you had - Happy Blue!

Has to small and Japanese or Korean only for this job. Hyundai Getz would do the trick. Or a Daihatsu Sirion.

If you had - unthrottled

...Or the Getz's predecessor, the amica. Think it had a proper 4 sp auto.

If you had - Avant

Thread closed. For some doubtless excellent reason Jamie2012 has started a new thread on the same subject.