What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
2006 ford focus 2.5 st - service lights - tiaan

hi,i would like to find out,i left my lights on one night,and my battery ran down,i then pushed the car to get it started to charge the battery while i drive,anyways now my esp light stays on and my altenator,is there anyway i can switch it of because i ran test on everything and its ok,just need to switch the lights of,how do i do that?

2006 ford focus 2.5 st - service lights - MikeTorque

The ESP light should reset itself after a short drive. However, firstly get the battery fully charged or replaced if it's getting old and not holding its charge.

If the above doesn't reset the ESP then turn off the ESP via the Menu option (engine on but not driving), then turn ESP on again.

Also try turning the steering wheel to full lock at least 2 times whilst driving slowly can help clear/reset the ESP light.

2006 ford focus 2.5 st - service lights - countryroads

A cheap and dirty thing do is just disconnect the charged battery for a while, say 30 mins and then reconnect and drive as normal (have your radio code though)