What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda - Nail in tyres too often to be coincindence? - Captain Skip

Hello motorists

we all get the occasional nail in the tyre part of motoring life

But a spate of them? Three screws in one spot?

Got one screw in my Honda recently 2 weeks later another screw in my other Honda

Feeling victamised

comments please

Honda - Nail in tyres too often to be coincindence? - MrEckerslikefromRamsbottom

Had a spate of it in my street. A builder in a Transit van, taking things in and out of the van, was dropping chipboard screws onto the road. I had to walk up and down the street picking up screws before I dared move my car. I got two punctures.

Honda - Nail in tyres too often to be coincindence? - John Boy

I only met one person in my working life, who I felt was a total pain in the swearword catcher. He seemed two-faced and totally untrustworthy. He could also lie shamelessly. One day he was extremely late for work. It turned that six inch nails had been propped against each tyre so that all four punctured when he tried to drive off. It made me wonder if he'd upset someone else even more than he had me.

I'm not suggesting you're like him, Captain Skip. It's just what your post brought to mind.

Honda - Nail in tyres too often to be coincindence? - Captain Skip

I only met one person in my working life, who I felt was a total pain in the swearword catcher. He seemed two-faced and totally untrustworthy. He could also lie shamelessly. One day he was extremely late for work. It turned that six inch nails had been propped against each tyre so that all four punctured when he tried to drive off. It made me wonder if he'd upset someone else even more than he had me.

I'm not suggesting you're like him, Captain Skip. It's just what your post brought to mind.

Hey John

thanks for your message. Just to reassure humanity I am nothing like this person you described, quite the opposite. Sure I am no angel but nothing I can think of explains this. ?Jeaslousy at work, my Honda is 8 years old good as it is hardly wotrh being Jealous about[ aplogies to my Honda who serves me well]. Definately p***ed someone off but cannot but wonder how.

Update 2 more nails in my other Honda

Hope who ever is responsible understands they are intentially or otherwise potentially causing a risk to occupants and other road users.

Honda - Nail in tyres too often to be coincindence? - RichT54

I went through a spell like this until I realised that each one coincided with a visit to the local tip. The site was a bit of a mess making it difficult to navigate without running over bits and pieces that could contain nails and screws. I switched to using a tidier, better organised site and stopped getting the punctures.

Honda - Nail in tyres too often to be coincindence? - RT

When I had builders in last year they dropped a box of screws on my tarmac drive - all four of them spent an hour picking them up and scouring for more - yet I still find the occasional screw -they seem to "hide" in tarmac and then appear later!

I've had one slow puncture, which I put down to this incident.

I guess if someone drops a box of screws and doesn't pick up they're bound to cause problems.

Honda - Nail in tyres too often to be coincindence? - John Boy

"...Update 2 more nails in my other Honda..."

I really sympathise, Skip. It's probably pointless to try and work out how you may have upset someone. For whatever reason, some people get worked up about really trivial things. It may, for instance, be someone who is mentally ill.

Does it seem as if the nails get in the tyres when the cars are parked at or near your workplace? If so, have you mentioned it to your workmates? You may not want to, but it might turn out that it's happened to some of them as well.

If you seem to be the only one, I'd be inclined to report it to the police, stressing the safety implications of what's happening. Again, they may tell you it's a problem in the general area. I expect someone will come on here and say that the police will not be very helpful. That's not been my general experience, however, and you have nothing to lose by speaking to them.

Honda - Nail in tyres too often to be coincindence? - barney100
Sounds like medieval caltrops, punctures are a pain, sympathies.
Honda - Nail in tyres too often to be coincindence? - Dwight Van Driver

Are you driving too close to the nearside road edge?.

An area some 12/18" at this pot collects all the debris from the road

dvd

Honda - Nail in tyres too often to be coincindence? - valvebounce

I have found over the years that roofers and plasterers working in the area tend to lose nails and screws on a regular basis.I have a builder living next door,and as careful as he is there are often nails and screws near his van.I always have a quick check when I go out in my car.

Honda - Nail in tyres too often to be coincindence? - Ed V

Happened to me once on the morning of 1st November. I always thought it likely to be annoyed halloweeners who didn't persuade me to open my door the previous evening.

Honda - Nail in tyres too often to be coincindence? - madf

Running up the road one day several years ago. I collected approx 30 screws on the road plus in the ditch a toolbox and screwdriver, files, plane and a large staple gun plus 3 boxes of staples.

Honda - Nail in tyres too often to be coincindence? - Hamsafar

I haven't had one for donkey's years, and yet there have been times when I have had a spate of them even on the new tyres to replace previous new tyres, and always screws. Some far-left Transport 2000/ Critical Mass types used to put screws in slices of fruit or potatoes and pop them under the tyres of target vehicles which offended them.