What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus - Court Case fraudulent evidence - buster321

I am involved in a dispute over a second hand car and am taking the dealer to court early next year. I have just received the defendant's evidence which includes a previously undisclosed vehicle inspection report made by a garage. I have very strong circumstantial evidence to suspect that this is fraudulent and backdated. I don't know if the garage is working with the dealer but suspect they might be. I have been to the court, the police and trading standards and they all agree that the document looks suspicious but no one will help. Apparently the only way I can prove the document is not legitimate is to find out if a VAT receipt was issued for the work at the time it was allegedly undertaken. I have no rights to ask to see the garage's VAT receipts. What can I do?

Thanks

Ian

Ford Focus - Court Case fraudulent evidence - hookster66

the county court judge will hopefully see through any shenanigans, the court would definately be able to request sight of any vat receiptif the case centred on this.

best

gary

Ford Focus - Court Case fraudulent evidence - Bromptonaut

I'm assuming this is going to end up in front of a judge?

A set of forensic questions put to the vendor in front of the judge should focus the defendants mind. Also possibly a witness summons for the engineer who prepared the report. Dodgy paperwork is one thing; perjory is another.

Ford Focus - Court Case fraudulent evidence - Falkirk Bairn

Prejury

Concentrates the mind and loosens the sphincter

Ford Focus - Court Case fraudulent evidence - Rats

It's probably the dealer pulling the last few things out of the hat hoping you will cave in and give up..........so, call his bluff and continue, most people like that try these sort of bullying tactics and generally get away with it, keep the pressure on and you will most likely win in court, or he will settle out of court just beforehand.

Ford Focus - Court Case fraudulent evidence - TeeCee

>> the court, the police and trading standards and they all agree that the document looks suspicious.

Get as many of 'em as you can to make a statement to that effect.

Ford Focus - Court Case fraudulent evidence - focussed

>> the court, the police and trading standards and they all agree that the document looks suspicious.

Get as many of 'em as you can to make a statement to that effect.

And if it turns out to be genuine?

No, I doubt you'll be able to get any of 'em to make a statement, too risky.

Ford Focus - Court Case fraudulent evidence - Armitage Shanks {p}

In what way is it "Risky" for the police to make a statement in connection with an allegation of a crime having been committed? It is what they do SFAIK!

Ford Focus - Court Case fraudulent evidence - focussed

I doubt that police would make any sort of "statement" as to the provenance or otherwise of an engineering report-unless of course it was proven to be fraudulent.

They are just not going to put "It looks dodgy" in writing.

Ford Focus - Court Case fraudulent evidence - buster321

Thanks for all your replies. I am going to confront the garage and see what happens. I will keep you posted on events.