What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Galaxy 2001 - HEATER CONTROL UNIT AND CL - Ashley83

Hi

Not sure if any one can help?,my heater control unit is playing up i have warm air but it will only blow on the front window not my feet or tho the grills and the a/c will not switch on...also C/L fault i have to open the driver door then press the switch to open the rest not sure if this has anything to do with the lights as they are playing up,if i leave my lights on and turn the engine off it does not beep.

Thank you

Ash.

Ford Galaxy 2001 - HEATER CONTROL UNIT AND CL - elekie&a/c doctor
I would try a heater panel reset to restore the heater fault ,by disconnecting the battery for 5 mins.The locking fault is very likely to be broken wiring in the door shut,where it runs through the rubber trunking.hth
Ford Galaxy 2001 - HEATER CONTROL UNIT AND CL - Ashley83

Thanks I wil give that a try,someone said I could need a new unit as they are a common fault not sure how true this is.

Thanks

Ford Galaxy 2001 - HEATER CONTROL UNIT AND CL - elekie&a/c doctor
I suppose it would be a common fault if you fit a new unit and it fixes the problem,because you are doing the same as a battery disconnect reset.hth
Ford Galaxy 2001 - HEATER CONTROL UNIT AND CL - Mafu
I suppose it would be a common fault if you fit a new unit and it fixes the problem,because you are doing the same as a battery disconnect reset.hth

Hello after reading the previous posts, I have a similar problem with my 2001 galaxy 2.3

heater controls.....The fan is working but seems to be stuck on cold also as with previous post I have no lights on the air con buttons and also it only blows onto the windscreen.

I have tried the battery disconnect / reset and tried removing and reinstalling the control unit

to no avail. Is my control unit dead....?