Ford S-MAX - Is this a good buy? - ChrisLon

Is this a good buy?

Ford S-MAX Titanium, 56 plate, 99,000 miles, panoramic roof, part leather trim. The car is immaculate inside (almost as new), has full service history, and the dealer is asking £7,995.

Ford S-MAX - Is this a good buy? - Xileno

As long as you accept it will be worth somewhere between very little and nothing when you want to trade it in.

Ford S-MAX - Is this a good buy? - grimep

Well a quick look on Autotrader throws up a 1.8TDCi Zetec, 08, 27,000 miles for £9500. A colleague has the 2.0 diesel and loves it. £9,750 gets a 2.0 TDCi Zetec 08 on 42,184. If it were my money I'd prioritise lower miles and age above spec. Family cars get trashed anyway. For a 56 car on 100000 miles to appear to be "as new" there must have been some serious valeting / body work done.

Ford S-MAX - Is this a good buy? - Chris M

I don't know the relative values between the S Max and Galaxy, but yours seems expensive to me when Addison Lee have 09 Galaxys with similar miles for a bit less money.

Ford S-MAX - Is this a good buy? - smax2.0tdciowner
Seems expensive, I can vouch the smax being an excellent car however. We commute to south of France as a family and average 55mpg when fully loaded with 4 adults plus boot full with wine at 55mph in 6th gear with cruise on.
Front tyres (continental sport contact) 25k miles and rears last 40k miles. You will only achieve these nbrs if you drive like a driving instructor however (which I am) as the cars heavy. If your driving is "enthusiastic" for want of a better word, you ll be burning rubber at twice this rate at a cost of gbp180 per corner and mpg down to 40mpg or less. I average 50.5 mpg on combined rural road driving.

Smax Winter steelies for the snow plus it carries more than a Discovery which could not achieve more than 29mpg. Plus the Land Rover was in the garage 4 times from brand new in first year.

Smax Interim oil service is gbp29.99 at Formula One. Major service gbp300 at Halfords plus tyres.