What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Transit Minibus 15 seater - Second hand vehicle with fault - ladypegasus

I bought a second hand minibus less than 48 hours ago. Queried sluggishness and black smoke coming from the exhause, with the buyer on the drive home (over the phone), he said if it was something like the turbo the warranty would cover it. Put the minibus in the garage this morning for a once over and faults have shown up, inlet manifold split, abs sensor wires have been tempory fixed (the abs light was on during test drive so I asked for it to be sorted).
The warrenty says it will not cover any faults found within 48 hours of buying the vehicle. Cant get the dealer on the phone but Ive left a message. The are 2 hours away from me so cant just pop round!
Help...where do I stand please.

Ford Transit Minibus 15 seater - Second hand vehicle with fault - injection doc

sounds very much like a doggy dealer to me.

A genuine garage would have it all fixed no problem.

Ford Transit Minibus 15 seater - Second hand vehicle with fault - Mike H

You have legal rights having bought it from a dealer. Unfortunately, you have to give him the opportunity to put it it right. This is irrespective of any warranty you may have been offered. We obviously don't know what your personal circumstances are and whether you can avoid drivin the vehicle, but if you don't hear from him, your first step is to put the problems in writing (send him a recorded delivery letter), and ask that he put the vehicle right or refund your money. If you still don't hear from him, send him another letter advising him that you will be taking him to the small claims court to recover the cost of the repairs.

Good luck.