C Max 1.8 Petrol - Calcium Batteries - Chris M

The battery on my CMax appears to have died - it's 8 years old, so not too bad. It's of the calcium variety, so from previous advice on here, I intend replacing like for like. The Bosch website lists the S4 (Silver) as the direct replacement, but it doesn't mention 'calcium'. None of their batteries do. Does anyone know whether they are indeed calcium?

On checking the Euro Car Parts website (I have a branch nearby and they are open tomorrow) they too list the S4 among others, but again, no mention of a calcium alternative.

C Max 1.8 Petrol - Calcium Batteries - TeeCee

Hmm, the product PDF for that has a timeline of Bosch battery development, leading up to the present, including under the 1980's: "Introduction of Lead / Calcium technology".

I reckon that's a "yes".

C Max 1.8 Petrol - Calcium Batteries - injection doc

its recommended they have a calcium replacement otherwise the battery may not charge correctly as the ecu is configured for a calcium

C Max 1.8 Petrol - Calcium Batteries - Chris M

A visit to Euro Car Parts this morning and the chap said that nearly all batteries are now calcium. Very happy with the price of £54 for a Bosch Silver 4 year guarantee.

C Max 1.8 Petrol - Calcium Batteries - jc2

Our local Ford spares shop states"we only stock calcium batteries now".