What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
ford focus 2007 - front car seat removal - dh1983

Hi everyone, my front car seat has got a rip in it so ive bought a replacement seat from ebay to change it with. Im ready to remove seat in car but ive just been reading about how to take it out and people are saying about airbags going off, would this happen with a ford focus, it has a airbag on the side of the seat though, im alittle confused. Any help would be great

ford focus 2007 - front car seat removal - Chris M

I have a CMax, so basically the same car. Haynes says disconnect battery, wait minimum of 5 minutes as a precaution against airbag or belt pretensioner activation, disconnect wiring plug, unbolt seat and remove. Refitting is a reversal of the removal procedure. Job gets 2 spanner rating, so easy.

ford focus 2007 - front car seat removal - MrEckerslikefromRamsbottom

What? Have we got electric chairs in our modern cars? I never had any doubts about taking seats out of my old Minis. No pyrotechnics in an old Mini! Once got a Mini Clubman Estate with such an uncomfortabe driver's seat that I swapped it for the comfortable one out of my scrap Mini. Wish I could swap the seat in my German-built Fiesta! But thanks for the advice about disconnecting things. Everything on cars needs thinking about, now.

ford focus 2007 - front car seat removal - dh1983
Che
ford focus 2007 - front car seat removal - Avant

DH - this looks like the useless Internet Explorer at it again. Try using Google Chrome or Firefox. Sorry!