What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford fiesta 2006 - Leaking under windowsscreen - dh1983

Ive noticed lately there is water running down the passenger window wiper arm leading under bonnet, when the bonnet is open and u pour water on the window is appears to come though where the passenger arm goes through the plaster hole to the motor arm then drips down the back of the engine onto cable etc, is this normal? A

Also the left hand top of the suspension plate has water all over it, i keep soaking it up but cant see where its coming from. Anty help would be great :D

Ford fiesta 2006 - Leaking under windowsscreen - DevonJohn

Think you'll be ok with that one, everything under the bonnet is designed a bit wet from time to time, just so long as its not running into the cabin you'll be good!

Ford fiesta 2006 - Leaking under windowsscreen - Avant

Moved to Technical.

Ford fiesta 2006 - Leaking under windowsscreen - MrEckerslikefromRamsbottom

To stop water accumulating in the top mountings of the suspension struts, try a pair of 1 1 / 4 ” (one and a quarter inch) rubber blanking plugs (get 'em from any good car-parts shop) in the holes – or measure the diameter first as yours might be different. 1 1 / 4 ” fit the top mounts on my Fiesta 1.4Tdci. I got the idea when I saw someone on e-Bay selling them to stop the problem you describe, but he wanted £5 a pair..

Edited by MrEckerslikefromRamsbottom on 22/01/2012 at 20:30