What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Daylight robbery - JonestHon

Came back this morning from the local Ford dealer (a Rapdfit branch) and while I was waiting to be served the chap in front of me asked the parts counter for a pair of Aero blade wipers for his Focus, when they asked for £41 I must admit my jaw dropped instantly, as I just ordered a pair of Bosch flat retrofit wipers two days ago from a famous motor factor.

With the the online discount of 25% and the free delivery mine were around £16

Am I right to think that the original Ford wipers are just a rebadged Bosch?

Daylight robbery - Ethan Edwards

£16...you were done. I buy mine Mail order from a supplier in Guernsey -found some years ago on Fleabay.

£10 got me three wipers one is a 20 inch (I think). Last me at least 18 months and do a great job.

Daylight robbery - JonestHon

I think I know the one, I used them last summer and cheap they were.

Unfortunatly you are not exactly comparing like to like, the ones off the bay are cheap brittle plastic, they will last indeed for a while but the performance go downhill after about a month even when cleaning them. I would pay £6 more everyday for the Bosch aeros.

Daylight robbery - oldroverboy

I get mine from "every lttle helps" £4 each, one 22" the other 20" and change them twice a year. Once before car goes in for service to avoid "we've changed your wiper blades scenario" Well... put them back they were new last week! My air filter is easy to change, so do that before service too, and wait for the invoice. I quite enjoy the discussions that follow!