What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Fiesta Zetec - Heating will not come on - enner100

I have a ford fiesta zetec. I recently put it in for its MOT and had a service done. It was not until yesterday that I tried to put the air conditioning on and it did not come on (2.5 weeks after service). It does not work with hot or cold air.

I have checked the fuse and that is ok. What else could I check?

Fiesta Zetec - Heating will not come on - madf

Heater Control Valve. Known fault.

Fiesta Zetec - Heating will not come on - tdc

Have seen the cheapo replacements fail within a week.Easy to fit but make sure it`s a quality one and bleed the coolant system properly after replacement of valve which is situated behind the bulkhead.Valve body is plastic and can break due to decomposition so watch your fingers on any sharp bits.

Fiesta Zetec - Heating will not come on - enner100

The model is a fiesta zetec s 1.25 engine and year 2000

I think it may be something to do with the blower motor. It does not work whether it is on 1, 2, 3, or 4. It also does matter whthere it is switched to blow hot or cold air.

I have rechecked all the fuses in the cental fuse box. I have also checked the fuses in the auxilary fuse box.

Could it be the air conditioning relay? It there way to check if a relay is broken or would it be just best to replace it and see if that fixes things?

Could this have been done when it was serviced? The heating/blower was working before I got my car serviced and it's MOT done. Unfortunately for me the first time I tried to use the heating was 2.5 weeks after the service. So I feel a bit of a fool going back the garage and saying since you done the service and MOT the blower is not working.