What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Transit - traffic light camera - nicoco

Hi, can anyone help. I was approaching a set of lights today, happily day dreaming away when they turned amber. I made a split second desicion to go for it. There was a traffic light camera on the junction and I am not sure if i got caought. I know for a fact that when the front wheels crossed the line the lights where amber but by the time the rear wheels crossed the line the lights where red and I think I saw 2 single flashes, but im not sure. I know the cameras go 'live' when the lights go red so think they where triggered buy my rear wheels... Have I been had or beacuse the pic will show the rear wheels and the 2nd the van disappearing have I got awaqy with it?

Edited by nicoco on 19/07/2011 at 19:46

Ford Transit - traffic light camera - Dwight Van Driver

If the Reg Keeper of the van has not received any paperwork (NOIP) by last post on 2nd August 2011 then things look hunky doory for you.

Only time will tell.

dvd

PS. Never be an amber gambler.....

Ford Transit - traffic light camera - unthrottled

It's a horrible feeling when you go through a 'very' amber light! Countdown timers would solve all this because you would never have the dilemma. Save a bit of fuel too.

Ford Transit - traffic light camera - JOGON

Buy a Polish van with Polish plates and 'they' lose interest.

Ford Transit - traffic light camera - Ben 10

Having watched numerous chancers jump the lights while waiting on opposite phase, I have observed that these traffic light cameras flash well after the lights turn red. I would wager you going through on amber will be okay and that a tail ender behind you triggered the flashes.

As DVD says, treat the amber with respect and stop when it shows. The next generation of traffic light cameras will flash you speeding up through the light as well as going through on red.

Ford Transit - traffic light camera - concrete

Could not agree more unthrottled, the number of idiots you observe 'racing' the lights, they are still accelerating and 30 metres away when the Amber lights up, stopping is difficult, crossing is dangerous, what a mess. Simply solved with countdown. Also many years ago working in Germany, the road to and from work had traffic lights which gave a set speed when turning green. If you stuck to that speed the next set of lights were on green. I used to go to and from work sometimes hardly touching the brakes or stopping. Not nuclear physics is it? The traffic light lobby here only has it's own interest at heart not that of the motorists. Best to all. Concrete.

Ford Transit - traffic light camera - Ben 10

"If you stuck to that speed the next set of lights were on green. I used to go to and from work sometimes hardly touching the brakes or stopping."

In the 70s/80s the lights on the main A4 Great West Road from Henlys to Boston Manor were similar. If you hit the first set on green and kept to the speed limit you would sail down. Now though they use the box system to move traffic along. Meaning you will hit every set at red from the previous set.

Ford Transit - traffic light camera - nicoco

PS. Never be an amber gambler.....

Also try not to day dream and actually pay attention to the road and traffic lights! lesson learnt! Can anyone hazard a guess at what might happen if the front wheels went over on amber and the rear wheels wnet over on red thus triggering the camera? Correct me if I'm wrong but when you get caught for this offence they give you a time from when the lights went red to when you crossed the line. If this is the case then I reckon I must have been no more than half a second! Thanks all. Nic

Ford Transit - traffic light camera - Peter D

The offence is committed when any part or your vehicle crosses the white line ( or the sensor which is ofter just after the line ) when the light is red. Regards Peter

Ford Transit - traffic light camera - dude no1

yeah but how long is the amber light supposed to show, i got clocked after a 2.9 second amber light, is this time for a loaded transit to stop in time, safely?

Is it worth disputing this fixed penalty?

i've read its quite common to reduce amber light time to increase revenue!

dirty buzzards arent they!

Ford Transit - traffic light camera - 1litregolfeater

I've crumbled, I've come to face the fact I'm no no longer the man I think I am.

I just go through life like a robot.

I drive at 30 mph.

I dont go in bus lanes. Ever.

Ambulance? Sod them.

Police? I just stop.

Ford Transit - traffic light camera - Peter D

The amber ligh shows for 3 seconds +/- 0.25s prior to the red. Please explain your 2.9 seconds. Regards Peter