What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda CRV - Knocking Noises - Helpplease

I have got a honda CRV that I've only had for 2 months. It is making a knocking noise when on full lock in low speed. I can feel the knocking vibrating through the floor. Is this a common problem with this model?

Honda CRV - Knocking Noises - unthrottled

Sounds like CV joints.

Honda CRV - Knocking Noises - Helpplease

A friend mentioned that, but when I took it to a mechanic to take a quick look at he thought it might be something to do with the transmission. So I thought I'd see if I could find out if anyone had had a similar problem with this model.

Honda CRV - Knocking Noises - galileo

A friend mentioned that, but when I took it to a mechanic to take a quick look at he thought it might be something to do with the transmission. So I thought I'd see if I could find out if anyone had had a similar problem with this model.

CV joints are part of the transmission, or did your mechanic specifically say they were OK?

Honda CRV - Knocking Noises - victor2

Change the rear diff oil to latest Honda spec

Honda CRV - Knocking Noises - gregbrown

Honda CR-V is just one of the greateast thing you can have before the year ends. Going to a dealer is the very best decision when you are searching for an auto. You can get very specific about what you would like. I was able to find every little thing I wanted in Florida and needed at the car lot that helped me. I was able to dig up the ideal SUV with a ton of space in it. My Honda CR-V is a comfortable SUV that will last me forever. It was easy to find my Honda CR-V in Florida. I just went to: http://www.cardealexpert.com/model/20975/2011-Honda-CR-V. Hope you experience to have this when the new year comes!

Honda CRV - Knocking Noises - Oakham
The noise at low speed, on full lock, is caused by the break down of the differential fluid. The fluid needs to be drained and the diff. flushed before refilling. This cured the fault on my car 01/12.
Honda CRV - Knocking Noises - Xena

Look at HJ's car by car breakdown. You'll see this problem is listed as a common fault easily cured by changing the fluid in the dual pump rear differerential. You must use Honda's own fluid which is now improved compared to the original factory fill.