What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Mini Cooper S - Car Warranty - Warranty Direct or Warranty Wise? - nicolafay

I am planning on taking out a years warranty for my new mini cooper S.I am tied between warranty direct and warranty wise, both have offered me deals.Warranty Direct offered me £235 per year and with the extra care cover and warranty wise have offered me £295 for their gold cover, I'll pay the extra if its worth it.But don't knwo if it is? Anyone with experience of the two would you please post your replies. Would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Mini Cooper S - Car Warranty - Warranty Direct or Warranty Wise? - bonzo dog

Hi Nicola, compare the parts cover, claim limit(s) & exclusions

Good luck

Mini Cooper S - Car Warranty - Warranty Direct or Warranty Wise? - Problem_Polo :-/

Hi there, how old is your 'new' Mini?! Presumably out of manufacturer warranty territory? There's a thread a bit further down entitled 'MBI Autoguard' which is debating the worth of aftermarket warranties; worth a quick read through as it might be an eye opener!

If you are set on buying one, it's absolutely essential that you take as long as you need to read every line of the smallprint, with particular scrutiny of the part about exclusions. Don't just assume that 'most stuff' is covered, as you will find it suprising just how much isn't. You need to consider the likelyhood of those areas which are covered actually failing suddenly (ordinary 'wear and tear' and gradual deterioration isn't usually covered, so you're only looking at a claim if something suddenly goes bang out of the blue).

Don't be taken in by the sales patter. Remember that modern cars are generally very reliable if they're well looked after, and BMW's in particular are very well built. Just make sure that you weigh it all up thoroughly before you part with any cash!

Mini Cooper S - Car Warranty - Warranty Direct or Warranty Wise? - bonzo dog

modern cars are generally very reliable

They are in the sence that the likelyhood of a specific part failing are much less than in years gone by. However the modern car has so many more parts than in years gone by that the likelihood of a failure are exactly the same as in years gone by

BMW's in particular are very well built

Certainly very robust structuraly, but no more reliable than any other (non-French or Italian) European car.

Just make sure that you weigh it all up thoroughly before you part with any cash!

Spot on!