What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
BMW 3 Series Coupe - BMW 335i & 335D Flooded market - bigboyq

HI,

I started to look at Bmw 335's and noticed that there are a large number of them for sale, and looking at honest john auction seem to be going through the auctions quite low.

I assum then that would you expect that the price of these cars to drop in value, as you talking £13-15k for a 3 to 4 year old car?

I appreciate your thoughts

BBQ

Edited by bigboyq on 23/06/2011 at 11:01

BMW 3 Series Coupe - BMW 335i & 335D Flooded market - unthrottled

There's not a huge demand for either at the moment since the 320D is cheaper to run and does almost everything that its bigger brothers can do.

That said £13-15K represents about half the original price-about on the ball for a 3 year old beemer.

The market has been flooded with beemers for years-more 3 series are sold each year than ford Mondeos and it hasn't rendered prices into bargain basement territory-so don't get excited!

Edited by unthrottled on 23/06/2011 at 11:15

BMW 3 Series Coupe - BMW 335i & 335D Flooded market - CJay{P}

These cars are very spec sensitive - a well speced 'sport' can be as much as 20% more expensive compared to a low spec SE.

The statement

There's not a huge demand for either at the moment since the 320D is cheaper to run and does almost everything that its bigger brothers can do

is simply wrong - have you ever driven either a 335i or a 335D?

BMW 3 Series Coupe - BMW 335i & 335D Flooded market - unthrottled

I've driven a 320D and, 95% of the time, I couldn't have used any more power. The 335/335D are aspirational cars and these are not aspirational times.