What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Jazz 2004 - broken radio/cd unit the cd player only. - dcarr2

Bought this marvellous car with Honret John's advice from the Telegraph pages.Not a thing wrong with it until now and even so it is not the car itself. My granddaughter posted a cd in to the player, with one already there! It does not function now and the Honda dealer is saying a replacement may be up to £1000.We live in Nottingham, Honest John or anyone any ideas for a reasonable replacement service, in this area, please?

Honda Jazz 2004 - broken radio/cd unit the cd player only. - dereckr

I suggest that you try and find a car audio repair company. They do exist...or did.

It might also be possible to remove the offending disc from the mechanism. It might simply be stuck in the slot.

Honda Jazz 2004 - broken radio/cd unit the cd player only. - kassim

I own a beautiful honda jazz 2003 from new. I have had a problem(only in summer) that the cd would get stuck and the buttons would not be functional. All I do is

take a white sheet of paper and fold it half the size of cd and insert inside the cd player.

Move the paper backward and forward while the player is on with the error message.

By moving the paper this way, simply is breaking the beam and confusing the player.

Within making this movement and confusing the player the cd pops out.

If you have problems email me, and I will be happy to help.