What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Cheap oil at "The Range" - SteveLee

Probably been posted before but the chain store "The Range" sell 5 litres of Unipart branded fully synth oil for £17.99. They have various grades of 5W/30 in both Ford and VAG 505/507 spec as well as generic 10W/40.

Changed mine on Sunday - bargain!

Cheap oil at "The Range" - jamie745

Are you the manager of one of their outlets? LOL!

Thats just plugging by the back door.

Only messing with you, ive got some stuff from there before, good stuff.

Are you the manager of one of their outlets? LOL!

Thats just plugging by the back door.

Only messing with you, ive got some stuff from there before, good stuff.

I can say with my hand on my heart that I would do away with myself if I was a manager of a chain store at my age!

No need to be so negative about the prospect. What about the staff discount?!?!!?

Cheap oil at "The Range" - martint123

. What about the staff discount?!?!!?

25% if I recall what my neice said correctly...... Now what is her mobile number????

Cheap oil at "The Range" - Avant

Steve is a regular and valued contributor and it's fair to assume that he's kindly making a recommendation of something he's found to be good (which is perfectly OK on here), rather than plugging anything (which isn't).

Thanks Steve.

I wasnt seriously accusing anybody of plugging, i was merely making a joke.

I apologise if that did not come across.

Cheap oil at "The Range" - turbo11

"The Range"- thats a new one for me.Not heard of them before.,there again I live in the sticks and don't shop much. Just googled them and there is one 25mins away. Will pop in when next over that way. Steve, was the oil on temporary offer, or is that their everyday price?.

Permanent price, 1 litre bottles are £3.99. Hunting around on the internet the rumours are it's rebranded Fuch's Supersyn which is a quality oil at a rock-bottom budget price.

They do car bodywork stuff really cheap too. The tools are pretty competative as well, bought a 110mm Core drill for a tenner and drilled 4 holes through double brickwork without fuss, I expected it to be knackered after 2 minutes like the "budget" (£30) one I bought from B&Q.

Cheap oil at "The Range" - Guanocascade

Bought some a few months back and did an engine service in my diesel Avensis. No problems in 7k. Good stuff.