What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Freelander 2 -2.2 2007 - Freelander 2 -2.2 2007 COLD START PROBLEM!! - wick3d

Hello Everyone.
I have a problem with firing the Freelander 2 - 2.2 diesel 2007.
After a long standstill and especially when the engine is cold I need to shoot about 10 seconds before he starts.
I suppose that, as it will get colder its gonna take more time to start.
On the strip after 2 s there is enough fuel pressure. I put up a check valve in the fuel supply and nothing.
Does anyone know what could be causing this? or had a similar problem?
I have changed the " temperature sensor" but nothing happed anyone know how can i solve this problem? Also spargs are brand new and they works perfect, even when i heat up the spargs problem is still the same,

Could this be fuel pump or Crankshaft position sensor?

And I'm so sorry for my English

Thank you

He has done only 200000km...

Short Video (please remember that i keep my car in warm garage... and as you can hear he is trying to start)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTUh-_0fO1Q

Freelander 2 -2.2 2007 - Freelander 2 -2.2 2007 COLD START PROBLEM!! - injection doc

I would be inclined to carry out a compression test when its cold, and a live data check to monitor fuel pressure and crank sensor. I suspect injectors may be leaking back.

Put an anoluoge volt meter from the negative of the battery terminal to the starter casing and see if when its cranking cold you get a voltage reading ( I suspect you may get 2-3 volts ) if you do try fitting an extra earth cable with soldered eyelets to the battery terminal and the starter housing bolt.

Also when I was checking the engine tester, the fuel pressure is 235-250

The injectors were tested on the apparatus and on a car and thye are ok as well.
Hey guys,,
Thanks for replay.
Well I have change crank position sensor (CKP) on monday and nothing happend, everything is still the same.
Could anyone tell me what is the role of tank fuel pump, could this be a problem? or high presure pump which cost apox 400 Pounds>?...
Freelander 2 -2.2 2007 - Freelander 2 -2.2 2007 COLD START PROBLEM!! - injection doc

The in tank pump supplies the fuel at low pressure to the high pressure pump. Thios increases the pressure form the HP pump. Without the pre-pump the HP pump would tend to run at a lower pressure and possibley pull air causing rapid wear of the HP pump.

You say these injectors have been tested but are you sure 100% that they are OK ? they are known to be problomatic especially if its ever had petrol run through. An injector leaking will cause lower pressure at start up causing slow start up! Have you carried out a compression test ogf the engine cold as this can cause a slow start. Have you tried a voltmeter across 2 earth points as I have seen bad earths on these casuing battery voiltage to drop to less than 8 volts at cranking in cold weather causing reluctant starting

checked fuel pressures today on cold start, 480kpa at cranking and 25600KPA at idle and 64000at 2000 rpm. on a 2008 Freelander 2 if these figures give you a guide.

Have you checked the oil pressure and oil pressure switch as Landrovers give a signal to the ECU from the oil pressure switch and if the oil pressure is too low at cranking that may stop it from starting. Saftey device