What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus Zetec - Clutch pedal plastic eyelet broke?! - elvabanfer

Hi again. I am am loads of trouble with my 2002 ford focus just lately, probably because I mentioned selling it, she has now cost me nearly £500 since January!!

Anyway, after just having had my brake caliper un seized today, the lad who does the repair work on the car for me has rang to say that after depressing the clutch pedal the white plastic eyelet that attaches to the welded stud on the clutch pedal fell off into a few pieces landing in the footwell.

Am I right in saying this is the clutch pedal spring and the plastic is the shrouding around it? If so is it expensive to replace? I am getting sick of the thing, but cant sell until it's right of course!!!

Many thanks

Ford Focus Zetec - Clutch pedal plastic eyelet broke?! - elvabanfer

I didn't see it until today. It's not a spring, it is the plastic eyelet that runs through to the master cyclinder that has snapped. Therefore looks like the whole master cylinder needs to be swapped. I've seen a used one on ebay for £12, so hopefully will be ok seen as the car is being flogged asap!!!

Ford Focus Zetec - Clutch pedal plastic eyelet broke?! - Peter D

Do you mean the servo, it is located between the bulkhead and the MC. I don't do second hand brake parts. This is a safety issue. Regards Peter

Ford Focus Zetec - Clutch pedal plastic eyelet broke?! - elekie&a/c doctor

This is the push rod for the clutch master cylinder that has snapped.I would also check the pin on the clutch pedal to make sure the weld has not broken away.Not an unusual fault on this year of car.hth