What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
ghia auto - ford galaxy 2.3 auto not starting - lance123

hi ive a 2.3 galaxy year 2000

ive got a problem every so often i go to start my car and nothing happens the lights all come on but no starter i wait for a while i normaly turn key for a while still nothing i opened and shut me doors and locked and unlocked my car and it started it might only do this evey so often so never no when nightmare at petrol pumps can anyone help cheers ive changed relays ive seen in forums still no luck

ghia auto - ford galaxy 2.3 auto not starting - NARU
It could be something simple like the gearbox inhibitor switch. Try moving the gear selector around while trying to start it. Or if you normally try to start it in 'P', try it in 'N' instead.

many thanks ill try when it happens again

just wondered my keyfob has stopped opening and locking my car but the light on fob still flashes ive replaced batarys no luck and ive put car in lerning mode tryed to reprogram the car doent respont atall any advise id be greatfull for ive just brought a cheap replacement on ebay but will it work if i reprogram

also would you no were the gearbox switch is located regarding the starting problem

many thanks

hi would you no were the inhibitor switch is located on the galaxy mrk2 please ive been told theres 2 is it on the gear box

ghia auto - ford galaxy 2.3 auto not starting - Avant

Moved to Technical, where you should get some more advice, although the above may well solve it. A loose connection in the ignition switch is another possibility if everything else works.