Renault Scenic - Window regulators - MickyHfx

I have 3 windows now not working on my car due to the regulators failing, Renault say it`s not there fault because it`s a minority of cars affected??? My question is, how hard is it to fix this problem myself without having to go to a garage.

Renault Scenic - Window regulators - elekie&a/c doctor

I would think every Scenic on the road has at least one window reg broken.It it the regulators that are broken or the motors?Many aftermarket suppliers can offer a replacement regulator but not always the motor.It is not a difficult job to do once you have figured out how to remove the door cards as the front ones have hidden screws.hth

Renault Scenic - Window regulators - Galaxy

Well known fault with Renaults, I'm afraid.

Up to a certain age (Think it's 7 years) and mileage (Think it's 70,000) Renault themselves will pay 75% of the repair cost, that's how well known Renault window problems are!

Best get in touch with Renault Customer Services to check whether your vehicle would be covered.

My niece has had two of her window motors and regulators replaced on her Renault Megane under this scheme. Cost her just under £100 each time.

Moral of the story is: Never buy a Renault! I wouldn't have one as a gift!

Renault Scenic - Window regulators - Nags

If there are no noises (ie its the module at fault, not the cables or clips), its pretty easy because you can do it wouthout taking off the door card.
See video www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcdULQXKcek