What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Shuttle - Value of old batteries - Benet

Recently I replaced the battery in the Shuttle. I left the old battery, a heavy duty Banner model, outside the house waiting for the weekend when I'd take it to the environmental disposal container at the tip. Imagine when my surprise to find someone had pinched it within 24 hours. An useless old battery and very heavy - what possible value is it to anyone? benet

Honda Shuttle - Value of old batteries - Victorbox

If thieves will risk their lives for a few rolls of thin lead off a roof then simply walking off with a few kilos of lead must be quite attractive.

Edited by Victorbox on 27/02/2011 at 21:05

Honda Shuttle - Value of old batteries - Vitesse6

Don't be thinking that roof lead is thin - I was involved in the replacement of a bit of church roof - 10 feet square, code 7 lead which is 1/4 inch thick. The lead on the roof weighed about a ton.

Honda Shuttle - Value of old batteries - bathtub tom

A house nearby is having some building work done. A ten foot length of old cast -iron soil pipe had been removed (imagine the inside?). It disappeared within a couple of hours. The builder wasn't disappointed, he expected it and it saved him the effort of getting rid of it.

When a colleague changed his oil, he reckoned he'd leave the old oil in a clean container in a new Halford's carrier bag on his drive. It'd always disappear.