What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Mondeo TDCi - Oil Pressuere Light - espztec

OK chaps. My pressure light came on while on the motorway to work about a month ago. I stopped and topped it up and it went off. No problem.

It came on again last week so I topped it up again. the oil light went off but then came on again a minute later. I took a level reading and I'd over filled it. I drained some oil out and the light went off and stayed off.

Now today it has come on again. The oil level is spot on (but topped it up a little just to make sure). The light only comes on after a few minutes driving.

Is this likely to be a faulty pressure sensor sensor? If so, where is it located so I can replace it?

I read somewhere it could also be a pump failure, or even wear on the bearings? its got 137k on the clock now and oil change was about 6k ago.
HELP?!?

Ford Mondeo TDCi - Oil Pressuere Light - Peter.N.

I would think its more likely that the pressure sensor is faulty, unless you have run it very low on oil, below minimum. The pressure sensor is normally screwed into the block but I am not familiar with your engine so I don't know where, I'm sure someone will come along who knows.

Ford Mondeo TDCi - Oil Pressuere Light - espztec

if I have a slight oil leak (and I mean very slight) would this cause the sensor to become faulty?