What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
FORD MK1 FIESTA 1981 - MY MK1 FIESTA IS HIGHER ON THE PASSENGER SIDE - AJP

Hi, I have fitted new matched shocks all round, new -50mm lowering springs which have had time to settle, used car all through the summer, adjustable panhard rod to centralise the rear axle, all tie bar, tca and rear trailing arm bushes were tightened on the ground, tyre pressures all equal, tracking been done, all original panels, no accident damage. I have run out of ideas now, i even swapped the front legs over and swapped the rear springs over but the passenger side still higher. Any ides anyone?

Edited by AJP on 27/01/2011 at 16:50

FORD MK1 FIESTA 1981 - MY MK1 FIESTA IS HIGHER ON THE PASSENGER SIDE - Peter.N.

Try jacking up one end of the car at a time,centrally, you should then be able to see whether its the back or front that is low, if its the front and you have swapped the struts, I can only conclude that something is bent.

FORD MK1 FIESTA 1981 - MY MK1 FIESTA IS HIGHER ON THE PASSENGER SIDE - AJP

Ah, i'm glad you said that because i forgot to mention, i have already done a similar test, i jacked the back up and lowered the rear of the car onto axle stands , the front was the same height on both sides, which did lead me to think the problem was at the rear, now if only i could figure out what could be causing a problem at the rear. Thanks for the reply by the way, it's got me hopefull, slightly. Then again, what if jacking the rear of the car up has just thrown enough weight to the front to compress the springs equally but if i managed to solve the problem at the rear, would the extra drop be enough to lower the front passenger side,if that makes any sense? it does in my head.

Edited by AJP on 27/01/2011 at 17:42