Renault Megane - Radweld - slow radiator leak, advice please - eddyc

Hi all

Having replaced the radiator on my Y reg Megane after a smash with one from the breakers, I've noticed that the coolant drops from max to min over about a month. So far I've just kept topping it up and checking it regularly, but I was wandering if radweld or a similar radiator sealant would be worth trying? I have yet to find the point that its leaking from but there are no obvious leaks from hoses etc. Any advice on whether radweld will help or cause further damage would be appreciated :)

ed

Renault Megane - Radweld - slow radiator leak, advice please - injection doc

I would advise against rad weld and trace the leak! You could always as some ultraviolet dye to the water and leave it in there of a month and then scan the engine bay with ultraviolet lamp & glasses. Then you will find the leak. Dont forget with a Renault to always use coolant added to the sytem. With these fixes in the bottle you always run the risk of blocking up somewhere you don't want! You have been warned!

Renault Megane - Radweld - slow radiator leak, advice please - eddyc

Thankyou for the advice, I'll look into UV lights and dyes if i cannot find the leak by just having a proper look around the engine bay. I think I'll be giving radweld a miss then! Cheers :)

Renault Megane - Radweld - slow radiator leak, advice please - injection doc

Most independant garages that service Air con will have the dye in bottles, you only need a tiny amount and they have the lamps etc. We use to charge about 3/4 hr labour for the job all in. Suprising usually where the water leaks turnup !