What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Transit - collision near side mirror - james the plumber

hi

I was in stand still traffic in the right hand lane of a duel carriageway yesterday. I indicated left and moved towards the left side of my lane to wait for a gap to move into. when the left hand lane started to move, a lorry in that lane crashed into my door mirror. At this point I was still stationary.

After speaking to the company (Hitchen Foods) I was told that it was my fault because my mirror was over the line and this gave the lorry the right to drive into it.

I dont think that i was in the wrong because regardless of where I was on the road, I was stopped and he crashed into me

Any help would be much appreciated

Regards james

Ford Transit - collision near side mirror - LucyBC
If you were stationary and were struck by another vehicle it's the other driver's fault. It doesn't matter if your mirror was across the line or not, they are responsible and have to pay for the repair.

What is the estimated cost of the damage and was it restricted to just the door mirror?
Ford Transit - collision near side mirror - james the plumber

My van is not really the problem. the mirror is a bit loose but I can sort it myself. However, the truck company have said that there is damage to the lorry and I don't want to loose my no claims over this. if I do loose my ncd, it will cost me around £400 per year on my commercial insurance.