What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Forg Galaxy 2004 - Ford Galaxy rear washer - mcruiz67

Hi,

This has been sending me crazy (plus its winter!)

The rear washer does not send any fluid to the back glass (but the front works perfectly).

I have done the obvious (topped up the fluid, cleared the nossels with a pin, reversed the front / rear hoses on the motor).

Have I missed something? Any ideas guys?

Forg Galaxy 2004 - Ford Galaxy rear washer - mazda60

Hi,

My daughter had a similar problem with her 2003 Seat Ibiza;- rear wiper working fine but no screen wash when pump operated .As she could her the pump operating she investigated further and noticed blue washer fluid coming from the rear hatch lock. (rear washer jet is situated on the rear hatch).

I helped her remove hatch interior panel to find the washer hose had become detached from the rear washer jet.This was probably caused by the sudden cold snap (early this year) freezing the washer fluid in the pipe,expanding and pushing the connection off.(the VAG group has a strange snap together fitment as far as I can remember)

Refitted pipe connection ,increased the washer fluid strengh even, over last summer with no further problems.

I am not familiar with Ford rear washers jet fitment but it may be a similar problem if its happened during the recent cold weather..

Have a look around the rear door (drain holes etc for fluid) after a good 20 seconds or so of the rear washer pump in use, however if the jet is in the body shell above the rear door,water may drain from drain holes in the body around the lower rear wings.

You will obviously need the weather to be dry.

Hope this post may help

Regards Mazda60.