What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fiesta - Blown Fueses - Sally Anne

My R reg fiesta keeps blowing fueses, the RAC have said it could be the fuel pump, however it also has a problem of cutting out when slowing down but they said its not related. i have taken to three different garages but beacause it doesn,t do it all the time they can;t find anything wrong. I don't want to buy a new pump if this is not the problem. Please help as it is driving me mad and no one can give me any answers!

Ford Fiesta - Blown Fueses - elekie&a/c doctor

I have seen this fault several times and it it usually a faulty fuel pump.However,I would suggest that the electrical connector block that sits on top of fuel pump(top of tank)be inspected as these are prone to overheating and melting the plastic insulation.There is some access under back seat via rubber grommet,but hole may need to be enlarged for better inspection,otherwise it will need tank removal.Probably not wise on a car this age.hth

Ford Fiesta - Blown Fueses - Sally Anne

Thank you for your reply, i will get my garage to take a look. Would this be the reason for the cutting out when slowing down (although not all the time) as well, as the RAC guy seems to think its a different problem?