Mercedes-Benz E220 cdi Auto Avantgarde saloon 2008 - Delayed acceleration - bobj

If I press the accelerator pedal hard down whether from standstill or at any road speed there is a disconcerting delay before the car responds. The car is still under warranty but Mercedes workshop can't find anything wrong.

Any ideas as to the reason for this would be much appreciated.

Bobj

Mercedes-Benz E220 cdi Auto Avantgarde saloon 2008 - Delayed acceleration - injection doc

do you use both feet being an auto ? If you hold the car with your left foot then hit the gas with the right there will be a big delay ! or are you talking about the 3-5 sec delay when you first select gear ? try doing a rapid 3 point turn in a Merc and its near suicidal ! as the can takes a while to repsond when changing from R-D or N-D.

They do suffere with sticking EGR valves and laeking intercooler hoses on the 220s

Mercedes-Benz E220 cdi Auto Avantgarde saloon 2008 - Delayed acceleration - injection doc

Do you always buy the same brand of diesel ? Bobj have you tried other brands or some super Diesel and an italian tune up ?

Mercedes-Benz E220 cdi Auto Avantgarde saloon 2008 - Delayed acceleration - Collos25

Perhaps the turbo is acting up a common fault on DB of this ilk, do you run it on cheap UK supermarket diesel as a matter of interest.

Mercedes-Benz E220 cdi Auto Avantgarde saloon 2008 - Delayed acceleration - bobj

Yes I do run it on Tesco diesel Andy, do you think it would make a difference if I tried an alternative diesel

I run it on tesco diesel, I haven't tried other brands yet but I will soon, do you think this would make a difference then?

Mercedes-Benz E220 cdi Auto Avantgarde saloon 2008 - Delayed acceleration - jc2

Yes-but only to your pocket!