What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
C180K - Mercedes Benz - Loud Humming Noise - rajivk

My car was recently serviced (Service A) by an authorised Mercedes Benz Service Centre. It has 30000miles on the clock and the following items were replaced - oil change, fuel filter, spark plugs and brake fluid. The car came back with a loud humming/howling noise. The dealer is claiming that this noise is caused by a faulty fuel pump but I am aghast as this problem was not there before and it will cost well over 400 pounds to replace. Could the fuel filter they have replaced be faulty? Any advise would be appreciated.

C180K - Mercedes Benz - Loud Humming Noise - Dutchie

Take the car back they have done something what causes the problem.Thirty thousand miles is nothing for a merc.

Take the car back they have done something what causes the problem.Thirty thousand miles is nothing for a merc.

Agree. I have the car due to go back today but I dont want to have to replace the fuel pump as it will set me back 400 odd pounds because they seem to have decided that thats where the problem is. The engine doesnt cackle or conk out and this problem was never there until they replaced the fuel filter.

Had the car seen by the dealer again and the noise was pinned down to them having put in a faulty fuel filter. Also the clamps were adjusted to ensure that they do not touch the body work and the noise has gone away.