What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
ford mondeo tdci 2002 estate ghia x - can any one help - elliot.w

can any one help me my speedo, rev counter, and digital displays keep stopping whilst i drive along and then come back on again, when they go off i get the battery light come on the engine management light comes on (orange) and the red and yellow star like lights come on ow and the tempreture gauge stops working it does this randomly and its driving me mad sometimes if you tap the dash they will come back on. has any one got any ideas ? thanks elliot.

ford mondeo tdci 2002 estate ghia x - can any one help - Peter.N.

Could be that you have an intermittent fault in the alternator. If you can connect a voltmeter to the cigarette lighter or some other point in the car, watch the reading it should be around 14 volts, if it suddenly drops to about 12 v when the fault occurs that will be your problem.

ford mondeo tdci 2002 estate ghia x - can any one help - mastertechGeoff

If you bang the dash and it all comes back on then it's a loose or poor connection, don't over complicate it, working.......stops.........bang..........working check connectors on back of speedo ect.

ford mondeo tdci 2002 estate ghia x - can any one help - elliot.w

thanks i will have a look at the dash at the weekend also when the clocks stop it also stops counting the miles that i have done elliot.