1.8 Mondeo '52 plate - Overheating and cant work it out!?! - ladyboss812

Hi all, Ive got a1.8 mondeo that is overheating no matter what I do (although the needle only goes over the halfway mark at low speeds/at idle) I drove it 16 miles last night and the needle soared skyward only whilst in slow traffic/idling

The hoses are all intact, there is no gunk in the system (very recently flushed through several times and has new coolant in system). Ive bought and fitted a new thermostat to no avail. new expansion tank cap too.

A mate has suggested fittting a new temp gauge sender unit -which I will try too- but does anyone have any other suggestions? No one seems to know whats going on. Many thanksin advance

1.8 Mondeo '52 plate - Overheating and cant work it out!?! - Ethan Edwards

Just a thought..are you sure when you flushed it and refilled it that you didn't leave any airlocks? On my old Princess you had to run the car to temp with the interior heater temp lever on full heat and with the expansion tank cover off. To ensure no airlocks.

Other than that the new pressure cap that you have already replaced was going to be my number one guess.

Best of luck.

1.8 Mondeo '52 plate - Overheating and cant work it out!?! - Peter D

Sounds like the electric fan is not kicking in. Regards Peter