What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fiesta zetec 1388cc 2000 - Metal brake pipe replacement - tdc

Can anyone who has replaced metal brake pipes from front to back tell me what needs removing for access to remove&refit new ones?Fuel tank,exhaust,heat shields etc??Was this possible laying under car?Probably only really needs small section at rear doing but as I have to do it myself and don`t have expensive flaring tool for steel lines then don`t know any other way .Thanks.

Ford Fiesta zetec 1388cc 2000 - Metal brake pipe replacement - waynesturbo

not a nice job to replace all of those pipes. a normal flare tool will flare steel....just about. im not sure if there is a join in those half way down floor pan. should be able to see if you have a quick look, will make job a little easier if there is. tank off i think!!!! sorry!

Ford Fiesta zetec 1388cc 2000 - Metal brake pipe replacement - Collos25

try this it may of some use

ebay 230508820114

try this it may of some use

ebay 230508820114

Thanks Andy,I will replace the two flexis at the rear too as they are badly corroded where they join the corroded metal pipes.Checked out the £55 braided pipes on ebay but my car is a cheapo run-around so will fit the cheapo ones at £15 the pair .The ones you showed would be great for track day cars and I have fitted them to several bikes I`ve owned over the years since the `70s.

not a nice job to replace all of those pipes. a normal flare tool will flare steel....just about. im not sure if there is a join in those half way down floor pan. should be able to see if you have a quick look, will make job a little easier if there is. tank off i think!!!! sorry!

Cheers Wayne,good advice,I will see if I can find a join.Just stumbled upon this on ebay 250688260798 so looks as if there is a join.Think I`ll just buy em ready done.Lazy and throwing my money away I know but my cheap old flaring tool is buried under loadsa junk somewhere and was on its last legs thanks to not liking steel pipes about 15 years ago.

I hate removing fuel tanks!!!!