What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
honda crv mk ll 2007/2008 - Honda crv mk ll - bodhi085

Im looking at getting a honda crv mk ll version because i like the shape better than the current mk lll version. After looking at car websites i have come across 2 crvs i like the look of. The thing is they are a 2007 plate and a 2008 plate and are the mark ll version i like. Now i know the mk lll version was released in 2007,but i want some opinions as to whether it would be worth my while even looking to buy the older shape knowing the new shape was released in 2007. the 2007 plate is the 2.0 i-vtec sport model and the 2008 plate is 2.0 vtec. the 2008 plate only has 3250miles on the clock so its virtualy brand new,and i think the reason it hasnt sold is because its the mk ll shape. What opinions does anyone have on this subject of the mk ll versions in the later reg plates? would it be a bad decision to buy?

thanks guys.

honda crv mk ll 2007/2008 - Honda crv mk ll - RakebeckBob

I can't comment on the Mark III, but I have owned a Mark II (56 reg) for nearly three years.

It's the Sport diesel version though. I can't praise it enough and all round I think it's the best car I've had (although 3 Subarus Foresters run it close). It is supremely reliable, very comfortable (we've just towed a 17ft caravan for 3800miles round Portugal and Spain with never a back ache or seat ache (we are in our early 70's too). Mostly in 6th gear!

Economical - averaged 26mpg on that trip. Normal motoring (within speed limits) up to 41/42 mpg - say 38 urban cycle.

Hope this helps

RakebeckBob