Jaguar S-Type LHD - Jaguar S Type Indicator switch - hibernianscribe

Following the failure of my driver window winder and my AC, my indicator/lighting stalk malfunctioned on the same day. It did not snap as on two previous occasions over the past 5 years but is not cancelling and to indicate left I have to press down against a springy resistance and hold it down - when I release it springs back to the off position. If depress to turn right it operates normally but does not cancel and there is also a tendancy to indicate right involuntarlly. The problem happened on a roundabout. The standard of driving in the UAE is generally atrocious and many of our foreign cousins simply cannot get their heads around going around roundabouts - let alone driving around them. The normal routine is for a driver to go round without indicating and also in the outside lane. There are many, many accidents here due to these bad habits. On this occasion I had one such idiot and not only did he join the roundabout after me but he came round the outside and cut across me as I tried to move across to exit. Due to my braking he did not hit me but with my wheels on half lock (turning anti-clockwise round the r/b) I flashed him and sounded the horn. The combination of flashing with the wheel turning left has caused this problem. Is it likely that I shall need a new indicator stalk or can these things be repaired? Thanks.

Jaguar S-Type LHD - Jaguar S Type Indicator switch - Avant

Im sorry you haven't had any replies to your posts - but you refuse to use paragraphs so that readers lose the will to live.

I'm not an expert on either Jaguars or Dubai, but if you can find an independent garage who can fit new parts more cheaply than the main dealer, you might save money.

Edited by Avant on 10/07/2010 at 23:09