What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fusion 2008 1.4tdci - Least noisy tyres - Corrib12
My Fusion has reached 21,000 trouble-free miles but the original Hankook tyres are approaching replacement. Any advice about quiet-running replacements as I think the Hankooks are very noisy on the poorly-maintained secondary roads which are now standard in the Highlands?
Many thanks..
Ford Fusion 2008 1.4tdci - Least noisy tyres - nottsruss

Ive had lots of experience with noisy tyres and decided to do my home work as I cover approx 70,000 each year and the drone was terrible , even changed wheel bearings,disc s and pads etc.

I came to the conclusion any tyre with a rotational arrow , ie . the tyres are directional and must be fitted accordingly are quite noisy.My last tyres had a 'V' pattern and quite good for wear and grip but very noisy.

My present set are ' Continentals' and are excellent , non rotation symetric, ie, straight tread groves and an excellent allround tyre , they had a perfect rating when tested too by an auto mag.

Also read a new Continental is on the market now too, hope this helps.

Ford Fusion 2008 1.4tdci - Least noisy tyres - Peter.N.

What are the Continentals like for ride comfort?

Ford Fusion 2008 1.4tdci - Least noisy tyres - nottsruss

Ride comfort...

no problem what so ever fitted to my VW Touran...£275 full set all in ,

Ford Fusion 2008 1.4tdci - Least noisy tyres - MikeTorque

I'd strongly recommend Goodyear Excellence tyres. The Ford chassis is noise sensitive and generates noise easily into the cabin. I changed the Focus tyres from Michelin Primacy to Goodyear Excellence and the road noise dropped noticable, plus the ride and comfort levels improvemented significantly. I've also used Continental ContiSport Contact 2 and the noise they made over rough roads is appalling, ok on smooth roads.

Ford Fusion 2008 1.4tdci - Least noisy tyres - Corrib12
Mike, thanks for your advice. I tried to look up Goodyear Excellence tyres via HJ's site but they aren't listed with the rest of the company's products. What have I missed?
Gratefully, Corrib12
Ford Fusion 2008 1.4tdci - Least noisy tyres - MikeTorque

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Try doing a seach for "Goodyear Excellence", that will show up some other entries around the forum.

The link below provides details about Goodyear Excellence tyre :

http://eu.goodyear.com/uk_en/tires/repository/Excellence/index.jsp