What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Civic Hybrid - Hi I'm a first-timer! - computerdoctor

Hi just got in here today! I'm planning to buy a new car in exchange to my old one. Can you suggest any brand that suits my need and lifestyle. I'm a working woman, eco-friendly, and I see to it that i'm living in a green zone. you know what i mean. Hope for a good advice from you guys.thanks.

more power!

computerdoctor

(removed web address of your company)

Edited by BorisTheSpider on 25/05/2010 at 09:47

Honda Civic Hybrid - Hi I'm a first-timer! - focusman

hi

check out hj's road test of the toyota auris hybrid. seems ok

Honda Civic Hybrid - Hi I'm a first-timer! - Avant

"....any brand that suits my need and lifestyle."

Tell us a bit more about your need and lifestyle - and importantly your budget - and we may be able to help. Annual mileage? Need for room for people / luggage?

If you definitely want a hybrid, the Toyota Prius and Auris are more expensive than the Honda Civic but perform better and are more comfortable. There's a long-term report on rhe Civic in this week's Autocar.

Honda Civic Hybrid - Hi I'm a first-timer! - pyruse

What about the Honda Insight?

I found it sluggish compared to the Prius, and didn't like the shape, but it's worth looking at if you want a hybrid.

We considered the Prius, but didn't like the rear view and felt it was too big, although very nice to drive, and ended up getting a Jazz; fuel consumption almost as good as the Prius, loads of luggage room.

Honda Civic Hybrid - Hi I'm a first-timer! - Andy P

What sort of mileage/roads do you use on a regular basis? Hybrids aren't as economical as the manufacturers let on, so a small diesel may make more sense.